none
TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Question

• I have a task that worked fine 2 weeks ago. Now when I run it I get the following on the Lookup Component:

[Lookup [11707]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005. An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "Protocol error in TDS stream". An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "Communication link failure". An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ". An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "Communication link failure". An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ". An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "Communication link failure". An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ".

The lookup caches 151696 rows and then this occurs and the task fails. I added an index to the table thinking that may help. I have no idea what to do to correct this.

Any suggestions?
    Wednesday, February 04, 2009 8:04 PM

Answers