none
The <AnalysisService> instance was not found on the <SQL> server (Microsoft.AnalysisService.AdomdClient)

Question

• Hi Experts,

I am having issues on my Analysis Server which has been running for more than 1 year already. Just recently I could not build and deploy and process my solution. It says the above problem. This also happens when I connect using SSMSE (Server Type: Analysis Server) and shows an error in the SharePoint dashboard as well.

I went inside the server (SQL Server Configuration Manager) and check on the instances that are running inside the Server. I can see that the the instance for the Analysis Service is running and is same with the deployment server under the properties of my solution.

In fact all types of service under the instance is running. as well as the sql browser.

I also tried to connect using the Service Account that is actually running the Analysis Service Instance but still cannot connect.

I also tried restarting the service but the problem remains. What I have not done yet is to restart the server but I don't think it will solve my problems.

The server is running on 2008 (10.0.1600)

Help and thanks in advance!

Regards,

Gino

• Edited by Gino B. _ Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:21 AM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Gino,

Here are some question need to confirm with you:

1. Were you connect the right Analysis Service instance?

2. Check the cube data is right?

Assume everyting is right except the Server Name of connecton, i would suggest you check installation log to see whether the instance was reinstalled. The log could be found at Installed Drive\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap.

-----"Should I install a new instance in the <Server> using the old <ASInstance> name so I could deploy to it again?"

Yes, if you want to revert to old instance name, you have to install a new instance with the name.

Regards,

Jerry

TechNet Subscriber Supportin forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, September 16, 2011 9:01 AM

All replies

• OK, I am not sure how it happened but it was because of the Analysis Server Instance in the SQL server.

Originally it was <Server>\<ASInstance> but now I was able to connect to it using the <Server> only and the latest changes time-stamp was like a week ago. Hmm.. how could it vanish and reappear or perhaps transferred to the server instance itself?

I replaced the deployment server in the AS Solution from <Server>\<ASInstance> to <Server> and I was able to build, deploy and process. But does this mean that I need to change any file or objects or connection string that connects to it from <Server>\<ASInstance> to <Server>?

Should I install a new instance in the <Server> using the old <ASInstance> name so I could deploy to it again?

Any Expert opinion would be much appreciated...

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:25 AM
  • Hi Gino,

Here are some question need to confirm with you:

1. Were you connect the right Analysis Service instance?

2. Check the cube data is right?

Assume everyting is right except the Server Name of connecton, i would suggest you check installation log to see whether the instance was reinstalled. The log could be found at Installed Drive\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap.

-----"Should I install a new instance in the <Server> using the old <ASInstance> name so I could deploy to it again?"

Yes, if you want to revert to old instance name, you have to install a new instance with the name.

Regards,

Jerry

TechNet Subscriber Supportin forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, September 16, 2011 9:01 AM