none
What does error code 0x80004005 mean?

Answers

• Karimullah,

It's unclear from your post if you're even using SQL Server or Integration Services.  If you're experiencing an issue with Norton, you should contact the vendor for assistance.  This forum is for questions and issues on SQL Server Integration Services.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 5:10 PM

All replies

• What are you trying to do? 0x80004005 could mean a variety of things from a failed login to an Access database that is exclusively locked by another process. Please provide additional details about your scenario.
    Tuesday, October 04, 2005 4:29 PM
  • At random places in my packages, I randomly (not always) get this general netwrok error (I am including the first line just to show the line right above the error line):

Information: 0x400490F4 at Data Flow Task - my task 1, Lookup - my lookup task 1 [234]: component "Lookup - my lookup task 1" (234) has cached 13312 rows.

Error: 0xC0202009 at Data Flow Task - my task 1, Lookup - my lookup task 1 [234]: An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionRead (WrapperRead()).]General network error. Check your network documentation."

Error: 0xC020824E at Data Flow Task - my task 1, Lookup - my lookup task 1 [234]: OLE DB error occurred while populating internal cache. Check SQLCommand and SqlCommandParam properties.

Error: 0xC004701A at Data Flow Task - my task 1, DTS.Pipeline: component "Lookup - my lookup task 1" (234) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC020824E.

FYI - I am using June CTP.

thanks,
    Nitesh

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 4:56 PM
  •  

i am trying to update my norton internet security antivirus

but it is unable to update

when i search for that one command is there to resolve when in run the command it is saying that code

the command is         regsvr32 %windir%\system32\msxml3.dll

error is call to dllregisterserver is failed with erro code 0x80004005

Monday, June 30, 2008 5:13 AM
  • Karimullah,

It's unclear from your post if you're even using SQL Server or Integration Services.  If you're experiencing an issue with Norton, you should contact the vendor for assistance.  This forum is for questions and issues on SQL Server Integration Services.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 5:10 PM
  • Hi David,

I am having a problem updating a fresh install of Windows XP SP2.  I was successful in the fresh install and the subsequent update to XP3.  Unfortunately I seem to be having issues now.  The updates download  with no problem. Unfortunately none are installed.  It basically freezes at the attempt to install,  when the dialogue box indicated initializating the install.
    The information, screen shots and copy of windows update log are at this location for your perusal.
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20768460-XP-Pro-MS-Update-Not-Initializing

All to say that error code in the title is the error code I am seeing in the windows update log!!

Any suggestion or help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:30 PM