none
SqlServerSamples - SampleKey.snk

Question

• Hi I've just installed SqlServerSamples.msi.

I am using Express versionss of SQL Server and C#.

When running the Mars solution (C#) I get the following error:

"Error 1 Cryptographic failure while signing assembly 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Engine\Data Access\ADO\MARS\CS\MARS\obj\Release\MARS.exe' -- 'Error reading key file 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\SampleKey.snk' -- The system cannot find the file specified. ' MARS"

I have also executed this line

sn -k Samplekey.snk

from the samples directory as well as from the Start Run

but get the "sn is recognized as internal or external command...

Can someone please help

Thanks

Baldev

Saturday, December 31, 2005 6:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The sn.exe is part of the .NET Framework SDK and will be in the bin folder of the .NET Framework SDK installation. This should be located within the Program Files folder. I recommend you run a search for sn.exe within Program Files, locate the executable and then run the command from the correct path.

Regards,

Vikram

Saturday, December 31, 2005 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The sn.exe is part of the .NET Framework SDK and will be in the bin folder of the .NET Framework SDK installation. This should be located within the Program Files folder. I recommend you run a search for sn.exe within Program Files, locate the executable and then run the command from the correct path.

Regards,

Vikram

Saturday, December 31, 2005 6:15 PM
  • Thanks Vikram, that is exactly what I needed.

It generated the SampleKey.snk file in the SDK\v2.0\bin

which I copied to the sqlserver samples directory. I have other problems but at least its not complaining about the Sample key.

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

Baldev

Sunday, January 01, 2006 6:25 PM