Unable to load client print control sql2008 sp2

Question

• we had solved this problem in sp1, and distributed an msi package to all clients.

we just put in sp2 and the problem returned. this only affects non-administrator clients.

is there a fix for sp2?

• Edited by berli Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:55 PM spelling corrections
    Monday, October 25, 2010 12:35 PM

Answers

• The problem is that the new file cabinet is not installed within the sql service pack sp2 - an oversight. The new cabinete version was emailed to us from Microsoft. We turned it into an msi package and distributed it to all our clients via actrive directory. This solved the problem.

Here is their email on how to extract it yourself. I am hoping that Microsoft will put the file online and send me a link. If they do, I will post it later.

David

I not sure if it will help, but here is an easy way to get the cab from the msi of report viewer 2010

You just need to simply extract the exe file with winrar

After extracting you will find the reportviewer_redist2010core.cab inside.

Hope it will help…

???
    • Marked as answer by berli Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:48 AM
    Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:47 AM
  • this is microsoft's response:

Hello David,

Following our talk, here is an explanation of the issue and how we have fixed it.

Issue description: the new report viewer print control wasn't replaced on the SQL 2008 SP2 update.

Solution:

1. Make sure the ..\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\RSClientPrint-x86.cab file can be override and re-install SP2

2. Install SQL server 2008 R2 on a test server and copy the cab from: ...\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

Thanks,

Noam Binyamini

Israel GTSC - Professional Support Engineer

Microsoft Customer Service and Support

???
    • Marked as answer by berli Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:13 PM
    Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:13 PM
  • Hi Berli I'm having the exact same probelm. Would you be able to email the file that Microsoft sent to you to me so that I can fix this now instead of waiting for Microsoft to post it up on their site.

Thanks in advance

CTS

would be glad to.

my public email, which is rarely checked, is berli1@yahoo.com.

email your address and I'll send the file. post here once you've emailed it so I know to check that email.

???
    • Edited by berli Friday, December 03, 2010 9:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by berli Friday, December 03, 2010 9:33 AM
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:19 PM
  • Hi All,

The issue is with Reporting Services SP2 and has been fixed in Cumulative Update 2 for Reporting Services 2008 Service Pack 2.

KB Article detailing the problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2431178/
    CU2 for SSRS 2008 SP2: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2467239

Regards,
    Jerry

• Marked as answer by berli Sunday, January 30, 2011 7:36 AM
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 3:26 AM
  • file sent.

Thanks for sending the file (although I didn't use it).

My scenario is I'm using SQL 2008 SP2, VS2008, .NET 3.5, CRM 4.x and when I upgraded to SP2 is when I started to have this problem.  What I did was deleted all the RSClientPrint*.* files (13 rll files, 1 inf and 1 dll) from the Windows\System32 folder and installed the ReportViewer2010 Redistributable on the SQL Server.  Went back and tried to print a report and it installed and worked like a charm.

View Brenden Kehren's profile on LinkedIn
    • Marked as answer by berli Thursday, December 09, 2010 7:03 AM
    Tuesday, December 07, 2010 3:55 PM
  • file sent.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO POST ON THIS FORUM THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING THE FILE. I DO NOT CHECK THE PUBLISHED EMAIL OFTEN. REQUESTS SEND WITHOUT A POST HERE, MAY WAITING QUITE A FEW DAYS OR WEEKS UNTIL i DISCOVER THEM

???
    • Marked as answer by berli Friday, December 24, 2010 6:47 AM
    Friday, December 24, 2010 6:47 AM
  • The updated .CAB file worked. Thanks!

I renamed the existing RSClientPrint-x86.cab file in the \MS SQL Server 2008\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin folder, and moved the .CAB files I recived from Berli to the bin folder(\MS SQL Server 2008\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin folder). 

I then unregistered (as admin) the rsclientprint.dll file from the client pc, removed the rsclientprint.* files and tried opening and printing a report. I could then install the component in IE again, and it worked immediately for all non-admin users.

Great Solution save our time and cost

Thanks once again Beril

Buddhikka

• Marked as answer by berli Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:14 AM
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:36 AM
  • i have uploaded the files to

http://cid-bc74baa4acf8a884.office.live.com/browse.aspx/rsprint%20files?Bsrc=EMSHYH&Bpub=SN.Notifications

you hopefully can download them at will

berli1

PS to speed up the downloading of this thread, I am deleting many messages where I simply stated that I sent the files. i will continue to send the files to anyone who asks if the download fails. remember to send a email to my public email. it is safer than posting your email on a pyblic forum

???

• Marked as answer by berli Monday, June 20, 2011 1:46 PM
    • Edited by berli Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:05 AM thread too long
    Monday, June 20, 2011 1:45 PM

All replies

• Hi berli,

From your description, the issue is caused because the clients have no proper permission to update its client print active control from the report server. You can pulish the print package though Active Directory, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280579 on how To Install ActiveX Controls in Internet Explorer Using the Active Directory. Here is the article http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mariae/archive/2010/04/13/error-unable-to-load-client-print-control-when-printing-reports-in-reporting-services-summary-of-all-possible-causes-at-april-2010.aspx with more detailed steps on how to publish it if you encounter permission issue.

thanks,
    Jerry

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 2:12 AM
  • hi all,

as I said, previous solutions DO NOT WORK with SP2. Jerry, I am afraid your suggestion does not help either.

I have opened a call with Microsoft and they have acknoledged the problem and have escalated it to engineering.

now we wait.

david

???
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 1:17 PM
  • Anything from Microsoft on this? I have the same problem with my Terminal Server users and have tried the various solutions found in this and other forums and blogs (.msi, runas, manual extraction and install) the only thing that works is keeping them as members of the Administrators group - obviously a poor solution.

Interesting point about an install request being made everytime http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlreportingservices/thread/9b15ebe8-f7ac-499c-bdeb-0e58f5195467. Seems like this could be why nothing works with non-admin users. Hope Microsoft supplies a hot-fix and you can share your success with us all.

Dave

Monday, November 01, 2010 7:42 PM
  • The problem is that the new file cabinet is not installed within the sql service pack sp2 - an oversight. The new cabinete version was emailed to us from Microsoft. We turned it into an msi package and distributed it to all our clients via actrive directory. This solved the problem.

Here is their email on how to extract it yourself. I am hoping that Microsoft will put the file online and send me a link. If they do, I will post it later.

David

I not sure if it will help, but here is an easy way to get the cab from the msi of report viewer 2010

You just need to simply extract the exe file with winrar

After extracting you will find the reportviewer_redist2010core.cab inside.

Hope it will help…

???
    • Marked as answer by berli Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:48 AM
    Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:47 AM
  • David,

Great that you got it working. Can you be a little more specific with what you did in your msi? Did you extract the files within and install/register them? Did you just have to drop the .cab somewhere?

Thanks,

Dave

Thursday, November 04, 2010 12:16 PM
  • this is microsoft's response:

Hello David,

Following our talk, here is an explanation of the issue and how we have fixed it.

Issue description: the new report viewer print control wasn't replaced on the SQL 2008 SP2 update.

Solution:

1. Make sure the ..\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\RSClientPrint-x86.cab file can be override and re-install SP2

2. Install SQL server 2008 R2 on a test server and copy the cab from: ...\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

Thanks,

Noam Binyamini

Israel GTSC - Professional Support Engineer

Microsoft Customer Service and Support

???
    • Marked as answer by berli Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:13 PM
    Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:13 PM
  • Hi Berli I'm having the exact same probelm. Would you be able to email the file that Microsoft sent to you to me so that I can fix this now instead of waiting for Microsoft to post it up on their site.

Thanks in advance

CTS

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:13 PM

Thanks in advance

CTS

would be glad to.

my public email, which is rarely checked, is berli1@yahoo.com.

email your address and I'll send the file. post here once you've emailed it so I know to check that email.

???
    • Edited by berli Friday, December 03, 2010 9:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by berli Friday, December 03, 2010 9:33 AM
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:19 PM
  • Thanks I have just PM you on that email account. Thanks for the fast response

CS

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:25 PM
  • Hey David just wanted to say thanks I tried it and it worked. You have saved me a roasting off the manager lol.... Thanks again great stuff, still not too happy that Microsoft let this one slip through the net like they have.

Regards

Charles

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:35 PM
  • Hi berli1@yahoo.com ,

I have sent you a PM requesting for th file ... Can you please send it it to me ? I am having issues with teh same form our users that needs resolution ASAP.

Thanks for your help

DVP Rao
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:01 PM
  • file sent. good luck

david

???
    Friday, November 26, 2010 6:33 AM
  • Hi Berli1!

I've just sent a request for the file as well - I have the issues on two Terminal Services and some pc's as well. Hope it solves it!

Thanks for your time!

Regards, JanK

Monday, November 29, 2010 1:40 PM
  • file sent. please post whether it helps or not so that others can benefit too.

david

???
    Monday, November 29, 2010 1:46 PM
  • Just a quick question regarding the installation itself. I have extracted the .inf, .dll and .rll files into a directory. Now, do I right-click the .inf file and install it on the Terminal Server (as admin)? Or do you want me to replace the files at the Reporting Server itself?

Cheers, JanK.

Monday, November 29, 2010 2:02 PM

I renamed the existing RSClientPrint-x86.cab file in the \MS SQL Server 2008\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin folder, and moved the supplied .CAB in there instead. No restarts necessary. I then unregistered (as admin) the rsclientprint.dll file from the Terminal Server, removed the rsclientprint.* files and tried opening and printing a report. I could then install the component in IE again, and it worked immediately for all non-admin users.

Thanks, berli!

Monday, November 29, 2010 2:37 PM
  • Hi berli, I sent you an email requesting the file. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Thursday, December 02, 2010 11:26 PM
  • file sent. I hope it helps.

???
    Friday, December 03, 2010 6:54 AM
  • HI berli,

Need that .cab too, sent u an email. Thanks in advance

Rakonjac

Friday, December 03, 2010 7:36 AM
  • file sent
    ???
    Friday, December 03, 2010 7:41 AM
  • Thanks man, it works like charm, microsoft faild:)
    Friday, December 03, 2010 8:46 AM
  • berli:

Looking for the file as well!  Thanks for all the work in finding a solution.

Brenden

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 2:39 PM
  • Can I get the file too?  Can't believe Microsoft dropped the ball on this one.  We are trying to deploy a data warehouse of 200+ reports, and hit this major roadblock of "unable to load client print control"  Seems Microsoft would've learned something from all those years of Active X and 'dll ____'.

TIA

Roz

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 2:53 PM
  • file sent.

Thanks for sending the file (although I didn't use it).

My scenario is I'm using SQL 2008 SP2, VS2008, .NET 3.5, CRM 4.x and when I upgraded to SP2 is when I started to have this problem.  What I did was deleted all the RSClientPrint*.* files (13 rll files, 1 inf and 1 dll) from the Windows\System32 folder and installed the ReportViewer2010 Redistributable on the SQL Server.  Went back and tried to print a report and it installed and worked like a charm.

• Marked as answer by berli Thursday, December 09, 2010 7:03 AM
    Tuesday, December 07, 2010 3:55 PM
  • Hi Berli,

Would i be able to get a copy of the file also please? I have emailed you public address.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, December 13, 2010 3:00 PM
  • I am having the same issue in our test envt. Could i get that file (.cab)?

Email : shardul811@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

sshah
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:24 PM
  • file sent.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO POST ON THIS FORUM THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING THE FILE. I DO NOT CHECK THE PUBLISHED EMAIL OFTEN. REQUESTS SEND WITHOUT A POST HERE, MAY WAITING QUITE A FEW DAYS OR WEEKS UNTIL i DISCOVER THEM

???
    • Marked as answer by berli Friday, December 24, 2010 6:47 AM
    Friday, December 24, 2010 6:47 AM
  • Thanks. It did solve my issue. 

I renamed the current RSCLIENTPRINT-X86.cab file and copy the new one to the same location. Unregistered the rsclient*.dll and then removed all the rsclient*.dll, rsclient*.inf files. Try to print the report and it asked for ActiveX installation. Installed the Print control and it worked just fine. No more error message or warning for admin/non-admin accounts.

Great!!!

sshah
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 12:35 AM
  • Hi Berli,

We are experiencing the same problem after we installed SQL Server 2008 SP2.  May I have a copy of the file too?

Thanks.

Saturday, January 01, 2011 12:55 AM
  • Hi Berli,

I'm new at this, so please bear with me.  I requested a copy of the file via email, but would also like to know if there is any update from Microsoft regarding a resolution to this issue.

Thanks,

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 12:17 AM
  • Thanks.  It solved the problem.
    Tuesday, January 04, 2011 5:13 PM
  • could you please send me the cab files as well?  It appears I have the same issue on my SP2 box.  Thanks!
    Wednesday, January 05, 2011 4:16 PM
  • thanks...i sent the e-mail.  Greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, January 05, 2011 4:29 PM
  • Beril

Could you send me a cab file also? I am witnessing the same issue.

Thanks

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 7:25 PM
  • It appears that the file works for 32 bit clients but not 64.  Any thoughts on where to get the 64 bit version?
    Wednesday, January 05, 2011 9:29 PM
  • I received the file. Will let you know if it worked.

Thanks

Thursday, January 06, 2011 2:39 PM
  • Please can you send me the file, I've emailed you.
    Thursday, January 06, 2011 5:25 PM
  • New cab file works like a charm.

Thanks Berli

Thursday, January 06, 2011 6:29 PM
  • Can you please send the file to me too?  We have the same problem after installing SP2.  Thanks so much.
    Friday, January 07, 2011 11:36 PM
  • Berli, can you please send the file to me as well?  I sent my e-mail address to your public e-mail address.  Thanks so much
    Friday, January 07, 2011 11:49 PM
  • Hi Berli, would you be so kind as to send to me too....thanks for helping us out.
    Monday, January 10, 2011 4:54 PM
  • Worked like a champ... thanks for helping out....

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:22 PM
  • Hi Berli, I need that file, too.

BR,
    Andrei

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:41 PM
  • Hi, Berli....

Please send me the cab as well. Email sent to your yahoo email.

Thanks,

Joan

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:34 PM
  • Could you email a copy of the CAB to me as well?  I emailed your yahoo account.  Thanks.

Frank

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:10 PM
  • For some reason, my email to you is awaiting delivery.  Who knows why.  So, I figured I might as well start building out an SSRS R2 server, I've been thinking about setting one up anyway.  I did that this afternoon and pulled the files off that.

Just knowing WHAT to do was 90% of the battle.  Really surprised I didn't hear about this problem before tripping over it.

Thanks for the help.

Frank

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:06 PM
  • Can you please send me this file?

send to jorgenw@reaktor.no

regards

Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:35 AM
  • Thanks alot.

Worked very well:)

Friday, January 28, 2011 7:49 AM
  • Hi All,

The issue is with Reporting Services SP2 and has been fixed in Cumulative Update 2 for Reporting Services 2008 Service Pack 2.

KB Article detailing the problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2431178/
    CU2 for SSRS 2008 SP2: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2467239

Regards,
    Jerry

• Marked as answer by berli Sunday, January 30, 2011 7:36 AM
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 3:26 AM
  • Hi All,

Installing cumulative update

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=2467239&kbln=en-us

SQL Server 2008 - All (Global)  - x64 - sp2 - SQLServer2008_PCU2_CU2_2467239_10_00_4272_x64  - 2008 - 10.00.4272.00 - 236475699  - 1/13/2011 10:07:10 PM

worked for me!

Thanks Jerry.

Regards,

Frank

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:50 AM
  • Berli, can you please send me this file?

You can send the file to ilija.lazarevski@ugd.edu.mk

Regards

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:49 AM
  • Dear Berli,

Would you kindly email the file that Microsoft sent to you to my following email,

Thanks in advance

Buddhikka

• Edited by BuddySeela Friday, March 25, 2011 10:10 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:00 PM

I renamed the existing RSClientPrint-x86.cab file in the \MS SQL Server 2008\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin folder, and moved the .CAB files I recived from Berli to the bin folder(\MS SQL Server 2008\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin folder). 

I then unregistered (as admin) the rsclientprint.dll file from the client pc, removed the rsclientprint.* files and tried opening and printing a report. I could then install the component in IE again, and it worked immediately for all non-admin users.

Great Solution save our time and cost

Thanks once again Beril

Buddhikka

• Marked as answer by berli Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:14 AM
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:36 AM
  • Worked for me very well.

Thanks alot.

Regards, Ilija Lazarevski
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 12:29 PM
  • Can you please send the cab file (x86 and x64) to dan.b.martin@gmail.com?  Thanks!
    Dan Martin
    Friday, March 25, 2011 1:23 AM
  • berli, Can I Get the file too? (We really should post this some where) NightWinggl@gmail.com

Thanks a million!

Saturday, March 26, 2011 1:04 AM
  • Hi berli,

Can you send me the cab file as well? motosport3@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Monday, March 28, 2011 10:24 PM
  •  Berli,

Can you send me the file as well.Have sent an email to your public email.

Thanks in advance,

Priya

Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:04 PM
  • Thanks Berli.Got it.

One quick question though,everyone say "removed the rsclientprint.* files" just wanted to know from where,which folder do we have to remove all those files.

I got the fact that we have to replace the existing cab files in \MS SQL Server 2008\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin with what you have sent.After that what do I have to do?

Thanks,

Friday, April 01, 2011 1:30 PM
  • Hi Berni,

Could you please send me mentioned files ? Thanks.

mail: vbugarsk@gmail.com

Monday, April 04, 2011 4:38 PM
  • We are having the same problem on PCs and terminals. please if you can send me the file? I have emailed you my email.

pls if you can give also short instructions on how to fix the problem with the file you will email me.

Thanks, Michla.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 10:05 AM
  • Thanks a lot! I will check it out!

Now we are having a diffrent problem: in IE it works greate but when we try to print from winforms on the TERMINAL the report returns an error. so we tried to refresh the report and reprint but then we found out that all of the clients printers had disappeared from the printers popup.

any one have a solution?? pls HELP!!

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 10:48 AM
  • Hi Berli,

We are experiencing the same problem after we installed SQL Server 2008 SP2.  May I have a copy of the file too?

Thanks.

leytoo

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:58 AM
  • hi Berli,

Thanks a lots for your help.

Leytoo

• Edited by leytoo Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:17 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:29 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your help but i have remplace the file, and i have the same error.

Thanks,

Leyto

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:18 AM
  • Is it possible to send me the files aswell?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Got the files and worked like a charm. Thank you very much.

• Edited by Mark_Bosch Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:13 PM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:13 PM
  • Hello Berli,

Could you please send the files to my address as well?

Having exactly the same problem.

stoffelierke@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:44 PM
  • Hi,

Can u please send the files to my Email id as well?

karan.panchal@live.com

Thanks in advance

Saturday, April 30, 2011 9:41 AM
  • Hi Berli,

Could you send me a copy of the file as well please?

Many thanks for your help and support. Ive sent you a PM.

Luke Demus

Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:15 PM
  • Hi,

Could you send me the files please?

mirviks@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance

Thursday, June 09, 2011 6:52 AM
  • Hello, I have the SQL Server 2008 R2 version, may I have the .cab file please?
    Monday, June 20, 2011 4:05 AM
  • i have uploaded the files to

http://cid-bc74baa4acf8a884.office.live.com/browse.aspx/rsprint%20files?Bsrc=EMSHYH&Bpub=SN.Notifications

you hopefully can download them at will

berli1

PS to speed up the downloading of this thread, I am deleting many messages where I simply stated that I sent the files. i will continue to send the files to anyone who asks if the download fails. remember to send a email to my public email. it is safer than posting your email on a pyblic forum

???

• Marked as answer by berli Monday, June 20, 2011 1:46 PM
    • Edited by berli Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:05 AM thread too long
    Monday, June 20, 2011 1:45 PM