none
Freeze first two columns

Question

• Hi

I am using SSRS 2008. I am displaying data in a table with row groups. For each of the detail line, I want to freeze the first two columns so the users can still see them while they scroll horizontally. I could only freeze the group header, but the actual coulmn I want the freeze is in the detail line.

Thanks
    Angelo
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:26 AM

Answers

• I have founnd a solution - by configuring "fix data" property on the static columns.
    • Marked as answer by StockDev Monday, October 26, 2009 5:03 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 5:03 AM

All replies

• I have founnd a solution - by configuring "fix data" property on the static columns.
    • Marked as answer by StockDev Monday, October 26, 2009 5:03 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 5:03 AM
  • Hey Dude
    '
    Even I have set the static colums  fix data property to be true , but still find that the column is moving.

Can you suggest me why is this happening.

Even my requirement is same as your's

Thanks
    pvk
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:20 AM
  • Hi Pvk

You can only set the leftmost columns to freeze. Not the middle ones. Is this not your case?

Angelo
    Friday, November 13, 2009 10:28 PM
  • yes dude , I want to set the first 3 columns to be freeze , but that's not happening?

Can you suggest me some thing

Thanks
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 8:34 AM
  • This is exactly what I did:

For each row group, I have deleted the group column on the left side, and I am using the group header to display the group item. - otherwise, the extra group column takes unnecesary space and doesn't look good.

Now, for the details line, I need to freeze the first three columns, but this also has to be in line with the group headers. At the bottom of the design page, you get the "Row Groups" and "Columns Groups" with (Static) groups if you select the advanced mode. I set the fixeddata property to true for all group headers(which are also static) and the first three static column groups.

Let me know if any of the above is not clear.

Cheers

Sunday, November 15, 2009 10:56 PM