none
Either the user does not have access to the database, or the database does not exist

Question

• When I try to use "usage based optimization" i receive a messagge "Either the user (SERVER/ADMINISTRATOR), does not have access to the database, or the database does not exist" (analysis services 2005)

My olapquerylog table is created and it is working well (the table is collecting the data).

Any idea of what is happening and how can i fix it?

Another question:how can i convert the data in dataset column of olapquerylog table (0,1,0,0,0,etc..) to see it like we can see in profiler when we choose Query subcube verbose event? (dimension1, dimension2, etc...)

It is because of i want to made a cube to see who is viewing my other cubes and what queries are they doing...Any suggestions?

thanks

Jose A.Aznar

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 12:30 AM

All replies

• Not sure about the first issue.  Sounds like you are able to access the table through your credentials as you are looking at the data.  Sounds like a SQL Server security issue and its probably something pretty minor but annoying that is causing the issue.

Regarding the second issue, the 011010001 stuff you are seeing represents the levels within attribute hierarchies in the cube that are being accessed by the query.  You cannot derive the query itself from this information.  For deeper coverage of the 011011101 stuff, check out the SSAS Performance Guide and/or the Analysis Services 2005 book from SAMS.

Hope that helps,
    Bryan

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:59 PM
  •  

Hey,

I'm having the same problem. I built an OLAP cube with the SQL Business Intelligence Development Studio and as soon as I want to make some calculations there is following error:

Either the user, XXX, does not have access to the XYZ database, or the database does not exist.

I already tried to modify some Security settings within the SQL Server and also directly on the targeted database, but no success...

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot,

Hieu

Friday, May 09, 2008 11:53 AM
  • The solution I've found is to either add a user group to the analysis server as a server role

1. Open SQL Server Management Studio. In the Connect to Server window, connect to the instance of SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services that you are using.

2. In Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, in Object Explorer, right-click your SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services instance name, and then click Properties.

3. On the Analysis Services Properties page, in the Select a page pane, click Security. NT Users and Groups that are members of the server role will appear in a list.

4. Click Add. In the Select Users or Groups page, go to the Enter the object names to select field and enter the name of the group you are adding to the server role. Click Check Name to verify that the account exists.

5. Click OK.

or grant read access to the user group the specific cube:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174799(SQL.100).aspx

Hope this helps
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 3:26 PM
  • I am having the same problem, and I'm using the 2008 version of SQL Server Management Studio.  I think that SCOSSIO is on to something, but I get lost after step 2.  When I click properties, I see neither an Analysis Services Properties page nor a Select a page pane.  What I do see when I select properties are the following options: General, Memory, Processors, Security, Connections, Database Settings, Advanced, and Permissions.  Am I missing something, or am I on the wrong properties page?  This has been a struggle for the last two weeks, and I'd really appreciate getting past it.

Thanks,
    ~Peter Ferber
    Monday, June 29, 2009 6:23 PM
  • I am having the same problem, and I'm using the 2008 version of SQL Server Management Studio.  I think that SCOSSIO is on to something, but I get lost after step 2.  When I click properties, I see neither an Analysis Services Properties page nor a Select a page pane.  What I do see when I select properties are the following options: General, Memory, Processors, Security, Connections, Database Settings, Advanced, and Permissions.  Am I missing something, or am I on the wrong properties page?  This has been a struggle for the last two weeks, and I'd really appreciate getting past it.

Thanks,
    ~Peter Ferber

Peter, you have connected to the relational SQL Server engine by mistake, not to the Analysis Service server.
    http://geekswithblogs.net/darrengosbell - please mark correct answers
    Wednesday, July 01, 2009 4:02 AM