none
Indicator properties: Do not grow

Question

• Hello,

I have a smiley indicator. Ido not want this indicator to grow. This indicator is one of the columns of a table.. when the height of that row increases, the indicator get stretched spoiling the whole look on the table. How do i set it to not to grow?

Thanks,

Friday, March 16, 2012 2:27 AM

Answers

• Hi CK1286,

I am not sure why your user do not like this workaround, actually, lay a rectangle in the text box, which will prevent indicator's automatically growth, this works very well in my local environment, do you have other drawback using this workaround? If you really don't want to use this workaround, I would recommend you use Image control, you should firstly prepare three different images, then show the specific image based on the value condition, because image will not increase automatically as well.

Thanks, 

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 19, 2012 8:30 AM

All replies

• Sorry, it's impossible in SSRS. Embedded chart will always auto stretch base on its container.

Regards, Nighting Liu

Friday, March 16, 2012 3:50 AM
  • Have you tried placing the indicator inside a rectangle within your table cell?
    Friday, March 16, 2012 5:32 AM
  • No..i havent.. i was thinking of doing that, but again a can we restrict a rectangles growth?
    Friday, March 16, 2012 5:57 AM
  • unfortunately, the client does not like this answer..:( .. is there a work around.. like placing it within a rectangle and restrict its growth?
    Friday, March 16, 2012 5:58 AM
  • Hi CK1286,

I am not sure why your user do not like this workaround, actually, lay a rectangle in the text box, which will prevent indicator's automatically growth, this works very well in my local environment, do you have other drawback using this workaround? If you really don't want to use this workaround, I would recommend you use Image control, you should firstly prepare three different images, then show the specific image based on the value condition, because image will not increase automatically as well.

Thanks, 

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 19, 2012 8:30 AM