none
SQL server file type

Question

• dears,

is there any difference between SQL server 2005 file type 'Data' and file type 'Rows data' ? will that affect the DB performance ?

Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• I am sorry but it is not clear to me what the exact question is or what problem you are trying to solve. Also it does not seem to be a SQL Server Data Tools related question, so we might have to reroute this once it is clear what you are looking for.

-GertD @ www.sqlproj.com

Monday, December 31, 2012 6:33 PM
  • Dear Gert,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Actually I didn’t know to which article this case belongs to !! I am not a DBA or SQL server expert that’s why I have highlighted the issue under SQL server data tools. However I have noticed that once you restore a DB and then check it’s properties the File type property will show file type “Data”. But after that, this type will be automatically changed to Rows data. I thought that this might be the reason behind the slowness of the DB at different times.

Best Regards,

Raed Al Zubaidi

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 6:17 AM
  • Slowness of your database will not be the result of restore options, at least I have never seen that. There could be many reasons why you experience this, questions related to performance can be best asked in the SQL Server Database Engine forum. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqldatabaseengine/threads

-GertD @ www.sqlproj.com

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 10:45 PM