none
xml config settings deploy on machine change

Question

• 

I created new package company_master in folder 'C:\Shraj\Documents\Assignment\Tasks 12 Nov\Company_Master_Config.dtsConfig' and setup the config string as below. 

I open up the Company_Master_Config.dtsConfig in the configuration string folder to change the file path to "D\Deploy"

when i now reopen the package, i am not able to see the changes made in xml.

I want to change the folder path and also the configuration string values by xml as i am planning to move them in difference machine and i will not have the same folders path in those machines.

I looked in many forms and i am not able to get idea how to do this :( please help me

ShanmugaRaj

Sunday, November 18, 2012 2:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• ShanugaRaj,

The variable value that is defined in the xml config will be applied at runtime only, if you edit the value in the xml it will not reflect immediately in your package variables list. The variable values that you see in the variables window are the ones that you defined when you created the variables.

Execute your full package to see the correct behavior.

Cheers

Regards, Dinesh

Sunday, November 18, 2012 3:12 PM
  • ShanugaRaj,

The variable value that is defined in the xml config will be applied at runtime only, if you edit the value in the xml it will not reflect immediately in your package variables list. The variable values that you see in the variables window are the ones that you defined when you created the variables.

Execute your full package to see the correct behavior.

Cheers

Regards, Dinesh

I did as above and i get Error as 

[Company Master Data Excel Source [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER.  The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Company_Master_Excel_Source" failed with error code 0xC0202009.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

And to add on.. i have moved the package also to new machine where the package is also moved to d:\

ie: the package file is also taken from one machine to other machine.

ShanmugaRaj

Sunday, November 18, 2012 3:30 PM
  • I did as above and i get Error as 

[Company Master Data Excel Source [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER.  The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Company_Master_Excel_Source" failed with error code 0xC0202009.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

And to add on.. i have moved the package also to new machine where the package is also moved to d:\

ie: the package file is also taken from one machine to other machine.

ShanmugaRaj

Sunday, November 18, 2012 4:15 PM
  • Hi ShanmugaRaj,

Changed the DelayValidation property of anything need to swap runtime value to true. Details please refer to:
    http://www.roytang.com/roytang_com/post/2011/12/09/The-AcquireConnection-method-call-to-the-connection-manager-failed-with-error-code-0xC0202009.aspx 

Thanks,
    Eileen

Eileen Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by ShanmugaRaj Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:49 AM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:31 AM