none
Error 18452 / Login failed The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)

Question

•  

I have a server  dbsrv1  which also has the dns - name dbsrv (with a different ip adress). (SQL SRV 2008 (10.0.2351))

(the purpopse of the second name is that every application should access the server through dbsrv ... and if i later update or switch the server .. i only have to move the dbsrv name + ip address)

If i try to access the db through dbsrv1 everything works fine. (windows authentification) if i try to access the server through the name "dbsrv" i get the error message:

Error 18452 / Login failed The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)

or in German

Anmeldefehler. Die Anmeldung stammt aus einer nicht vertrauenswürdigen Domäne und kann mit der Windows-Authentifizierung nicht verwendet werden. (Microsoft SQL Server, Fehler: 18452)

In the Eventlog there is the message:

Fehler beim SSPI-Handshake (Fehlercode 0x8009030c) beim Herstellen einer Verbindung mit integrierter Sicherheit. Die Verbindung wurde geschlossen. [CLIENT: x.x.x.x]

The server is configured as windows + sql mode.

This connection is opened with the SQL server management studio.

Whats the reason for this ? how is it handled in cluster environments (there must be a similar problem)

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:15 PM

Answers