none
Restore a deleted DB without a backup

Question

• Hi,

I have deleted a database by mistake and I need to restore the DB immediately. I have not taken any backups for the database. Is there a way to restore the deleted Database in sql server 2008 R2?

Thanks,

Preetha

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:58 AM

Answers

• Hello,

In You situation I would like to advise you to go for a professional help or try to use any third party application to recover your deleted database of SQL Sever. There is a lot of application available one of them is Kernel for SQL Recovery Tool by which you can restore the corrupt, lost or inaccessible database files of SQL Server.  You can get more details from here http://www.sqldatabaserepair.net/

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:13 AM
  • Hello Preetha,

Sorry to say, but no backup = no way to restore the database.

You could try to "undeleted" the database files on OS level, but there is no guarantee that it will work

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hello Preetha,

Sorry to say, but no backup = no way to restore the database.

You could try to "undeleted" the database files on OS level, but there is no guarantee that it will work

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:00 AM
  • no there is no way to restore deleted database with out FB.

Ramesh Babu Vavilla MCTS,MSBI

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:06 AM
  • Whats the procedure to undelete the files at OS level?
    Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:10 AM
  • Whats the procedure to undelete the files at OS level?

There are tools for that but does not guarantee the recovery and you have to bingoogle it to find for yourself.

has database any DR configured ,log shipping mirroring replication ? 

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:15 AM
  • Just g**gle for "windows undelete file", there are several (free) tools available.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:18 AM
  • Is there any version control tool available? I tried finding on net but could not find one. No I havent configured DR. I ahve no other choice to leave it but planning to add version control for the remaining databases? Any leads would help.
    Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:19 AM
  • Just g**gle for "windows undelete file", there are several (free) tools available.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Hello Olaf,

:D :D you can very well write google, i dont think it will be considered as advertising for google.

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:22 AM
  • :D :D you can very well write google,

It's a textual doodle  ;-)

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:41 AM
  • Is there any version control tool available?

A version control tool is used for source code like the DML statement; but not for the database files itself, for this you run backups of the databases ... what you missed.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:42 AM