none
Deploying .rdl files and Datasources from a .rptproj from Command Prompt

Question

• Here is the background i am writing an automated script which should pick up and .rptproj and deploy it to a Report Server from command prompt .

So I would like the name of the command, parameter switch for target ReportServer and parameter switch for .rptproj  .....

Pls help !!!! Any help is highly appreciated !!!

Anand
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Anand,

It may help if you elaborate a bit more about the question. If I understandly, you want to pass parameter to the command line. The parameter should be the target report server or others.

If using rs utility script, we can use the "-s http://<servername>/reportserver" to switch the reportserver.

If we using a variable in a script file, and we have not defined it, we can use the command "-<parametername> <value>" to change the value of the parameter.

Thanks,
    Jin Chen
    Jin Chen - MSFT
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:17 AM
  • Thanks Jin , 

I was trying to ask how could I deploy a collection of report files [.rdl] into a report server from Command prompt completely automated , that is by reading the .rptproj file [ the report server project file] and then deploy it to a target report server . And found the way to do this is using the rs.exe utility :

> rs -i <VB.NETScriptFilePath[.rss  extension]> -s <ReportServerURL>

Code the VB.NET script file to read the .rptproj file retrieve the collection of .rdl files included in the project , then start a loop deploy one by one to report server automatically there by automating the entire process .  I figured it out but thanks a lot for your response.

Cheers
    Anand R

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 6:33 PM
  • Hi Anand,

I am glad to hear that you have solved the issue.

By the way, could you please post the solution you used? That will benefit other community members who met the same issue.

Thanks,
    Jin Chen
    Jin Chen - MSFT
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:13 AM
  • Saturday, November 07, 2009 6:23 PM