none
Tablix contained group headers.

Question

• I'm creating a report in SSRS 2008R2.

I'm having issues getting different groups to page break as they should, and because there were multiple subreports orignally (which are now part of one master tablix), I'm now having problems with the group headers.

Essentially, the report is made up of three different reports: An Invoice, a details area, and comments. Each of thesrs three areas are self-contained as tablixes using the same stored procedure to get data. The details is the main report body, with 7-8 groups. The outermost group (BatchId) is where I'm trying to place the Invoice (in the header), and the Comments (in the group footer).

The footer area is working correctly. There is a pgae break on a subordinate group (SortBy1) at the end of the group which places the comments (in the Batch group) on a seperate page. Since each of the three areas have their own header in the tablix (within their respective groups) the Details and Comments are fine. The Invoice howeveer, not so much.

The details is the only area that routinely spans several pages, thus needing repeating group header rows (In the ContractStatus group, subordinate to the SortBy1 group). I've gon einto the Advanced settings for the rows and set the properties to repeat the ContractStatus headers and they function correctly.

Finally, here's the problem!Since the Batch Header is parent to SortBy1 and parent (hierarchically) to the ContractStatus, setting those values is apparently causing the BatchId to repeat on every page (The Invoice should display once per Batch). I receive an error when I try to remove the Keep With Group After and Repeat On New Page values that are associated with the BatchId.

I tried to think of a way to resolve this with an expression to hide the Invoice on other that the first page of each group, but by necessity this is a tablix group header, not a page header. I cannot reference PageNumber, etc from the Globals! collection.

Does anyone have any wors for wisdom?
    Thanks!

Monday, April 15, 2013 9:25 PM

Answers

• Hello,

If I understand correctly, the "Invoice" report is placted in the group header of "BatchID" group and you want the group header of the "ContractStatus" group which is the child group of "SortBy1" repeat on each page. I create a similar report in my test environment, however I can get the exact result by specify the static items under the "ContractStatus" group which associated to the group header repeat on new page.

If I have any misunderstanding, please post a screen shot of the report design, so we can help to work out this issue.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hello,

If I understand correctly, the "Invoice" report is placted in the group header of "BatchID" group and you want the group header of the "ContractStatus" group which is the child group of "SortBy1" repeat on each page. I create a similar report in my test environment, however I can get the exact result by specify the static items under the "ContractStatus" group which associated to the group header repeat on new page.

If I have any misunderstanding, please post a screen shot of the report design, so we can help to work out this issue.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:52 AM
  • Fanny,

Thanks for the tip.  I thought I had checked eveerything well, but one Static row was set differentely than the others which was causing my error. The page break is correct now. Thanks!

Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:41 PM