none
Tiny Font in PowerPivot Field List

Question

• PowerPivot looks like a powerful tool for my users but I can't introduce it to them with such a tiny font in the pivot table field list. I'm using Windows 7, 1920x1200 screen resolution, Excel 2010 (EN-US), and PowerPivot 10.50.1747.0. Raising the magnification on the document does not affect the field list. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cindy Winegarden
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 2:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• What magnification do you use?

Try Windows Magnifier (go to start->All Programs->Accessories->Ease of Access->Magnifier, or type Magnifier after you click start). My display card doesn't support 1920*1200 but I tried Magnifier under 1680*1050 and it makes Field List appear bigger.

Chu

-- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Friday, March 25, 2011 10:01 PM
  • Thanks. I know about the magnifier, but my users will not want to have to do this every time they want to use Powerpivot. Not very user friendly at all. the Powerpivot field list should look like the regular Excel field list.
    Cindy Winegarden
    Saturday, March 26, 2011 11:17 PM
  • Do you think font is too small in PowerPivot Field List only or is it also small in other windows or applications?

PowerPivot Field list uses one of the system fonts, so you can change system fonts to make it bigger (this will affect some other programs too) or change your DPI settings.

Tatyana Yakushev [PredixionSoftware.com]
    Monday, March 28, 2011 11:24 PM
  • The font is much smaller in the PowerPivot field list than in the "regular" pivot table field list. My users should not have to change their computers for this one thing. PowerPivot pivot tables should be the same as regular Excel pivot tables.
    Cindy Winegarden
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:16 PM
  • The PowerPivot Field List follows Excel font. So while a smaller smaller font is used by default you can increase the size without having to change the system font size by modifying the Excel font (File | Options | General | Font) .

Julie
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:49 PM
  • That sounds nice but it means that every user has to change their Excel font and every other new spreadsheet they create will have a giant font. The field list in PowerPivot should be the same size as the field list in a standard pivot table and it's NOT.  I don't consider changing the font in Excel to be an answer. I consider this a significant deficiency in PowerPivot.
    Cindy Winegarden
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:49 PM
  • Cindy,

Is this still an issue?

Please report any bugs or font issues on Connect.

Thank you!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Sunday, November 03, 2013 10:21 PM
  • Hi

I'm having the same problem as Cindy and the proposed answer do not work as a solution.

Is there an update?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:25 AM