none
Where can I find windows Powershell 1.0?

Question

• I need to install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Studio Express. I was told that the first three steps are 
    Step 1: Download and install Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1.
    Step 2 Download and install Windows Installer 4.5.
    Step 3 Download and install Windows PowerShell 1.0.

I downloaded Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 and Windows Installer 4.5. However I was unable to find the third one: Windows PowerShell 1.0. When I clicked the linking, I was led to the page
    “Windows PowerShell 10 Installation Package for Windows Vista (KB928439) “. Then I was told “To start the download, click the Download button at the top of this page” However, there is no button for download, only a button for continue. So I clicked the button Continue. It came a page for ”Install the Genuine Windows Validation Component”. My Windows Vista is genius, should I Install the Genuine Windows Validation Component? I am really getting confused. Too many downloading.

Where can I find the program Windows6.0-KB928439-x86.msu?

Thank you very much for your help.

Frank

Sunday, May 15, 2011 2:51 PM

Answers

• PowerShell is a free tool offered by Microsoft , but to download and install it, you must have a genuine operating system. There are many tools and service packs that requires you to validate that you are running a licensed copy of windows. 

On the download page I get the same prompt as you did and I do also have genuine Windows.

If you have a genuine Windows Vista **do not hesitate and download Windows Validation Component.**

• Marked as answer by lecceman Sunday, May 15, 2011 5:10 PM
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 4:00 PM
  • This is a validation tool, and will not take more than a few seconds to run this, and will directly take you to the download page (once done with validation of your Windows Vista). Please go ahead and get your windows validated.

I am not sure if you can really skip this validation.

Chaitanya( Twitter | Blogs )

Any documentation bug? Tell us about it at Connect. Please feel free to add any community comments in any of the MSDN/technet articles.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, May 15, 2011 4:11 PM

All replies

• If you are looking for Windows powershell 1.0 for vista 

download is available from

taken from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928439

Windows PowerShell 1.0 for Windows Vista, x86-based versions

Download the Windows PowerShell 1.0 for Windows Vista - x86 package now. (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=79516)  

Windows PowerShell 1.0 for Windows Vista, x64-based versions

Download the Windows PowerShell 1.0 for Windows Vista - x64 package now. (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=79517)

Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:37 PM
  • That is what I visited.

Howver, as I wrote in the post. I cannot find a button for downloading in that page (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=79516) . Only a button for continue. If I click it will come a page for ”Install the Genuine Windows Validation Component”. My Windows Vista is genuine, I should not have to install that component.

Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:43 PM
  • PowerShell is a free tool offered by Microsoft , but to download and install it, you must have a genuine operating system. There are many tools and service packs that requires you to validate that you are running a licensed copy of windows. 

On the download page I get the same prompt as you did and I do also have genuine Windows.

If you have a genuine Windows Vista **do not hesitate and download Windows Validation Component.**

Sunday, May 15, 2011 4:00 PM
  • This is a validation tool, and will not take more than a few seconds to run this, and will directly take you to the download page (once done with validation of your Windows Vista). Please go ahead and get your windows validated.

I am not sure if you can really skip this validation.

Chaitanya( Twitter | Blogs )

Any documentation bug? Tell us about it at Connect. Please feel free to add any community comments in any of the MSDN/technet articles.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, May 15, 2011 4:11 PM
  • OK, I installed the validation component, then the button became Download. The program PowerShell 1.0 was downloaded. Thank you very much!

Frank Tu
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 4:51 PM