none
SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E21

Question

• What in the world does this error mean?

Here is the full error:

Error: 0xC0202009 at Load APLUS Policies To Compare Table, OLE DB Source [117693]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E21.

Error: 0xC004701A at Load APLUS Policies To Compare Table, SSIS.Pipeline: component "OLE DB Source" (117693) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC0202009.

I have a 2005 SSIS package, which runs just fine in 2005, that I am trying to migrate to SSIS 2008.  It is erroring on an OLEDB source which is pointing to an Informix database.  I am using SQL command from variable to query the INformix db.  What I find really strange is that I can preview the results of the query, but whenevr I run the package, it fails on this step. 

Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing(or not doing) to resolve this issue.  I have already wasted close to a day on this single issue.

Thanks for your help

Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:14 PM

All replies

• I am also getting warning regarding the DefaultCodePage

Warning 5 Validation warning. Load APLUS Policies To Compare Table: {2B2E4248-EFE0-4079-9483-583D48392558}: Cannot retrieve the column code page info from the OLE DB provider.  If the component supports the "DefaultCodePage" property, the code page from that property will be used.  Change the value of the property if the current string code page values are incorrect.  If the component does not support the property, the code page from the component's locale ID will be used.   APLUS DB Policy Load.dtsx 0 0 
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 6:49 PM
  • Hi,

Make sure that Run64BitRuntime is set to False before you build and save the package.

Please visit the following link:

" http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqlintegrationservices/thread/da076e51-8149-4948-add1-6192d8966ead/ "

this also can help you.

Thanks-
    Let us TRY this | Don’t forget to mark the post(s) that answered your question
    Friday, June 12, 2009 7:09 AM
  • I am also getting warning regarding the DefaultCodePage

Warning 5 Validation warning. Load APLUS Policies To Compare Table: {2B2E4248-EFE0-4079-9483-583D48392558}: Cannot retrieve the column code page info from the OLE DB provider.  If the component supports the "DefaultCodePage" property, the code page from that property will be used.  Change the value of the property if the current string code page values are incorrect.  If the component does not support the property, the code page from the component's locale ID will be used.   APLUS DB Policy Load.dtsx 0 0 
    Hi,
    please track this post for your answer.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlintegrationservices/thread/735c0f5e-a45c-4de8-8ea5-68ee998aa1ac

Thanks-

Let us TRY this | Don’t forget to mark the post(s) that answered your question
    Friday, June 12, 2009 7:12 AM
  • I have thoroughly read both the links that ETL... posted.  I have tried all of the suggestions, but I still cannot get my package to run.  I can get the package to build without any errors or warnings, but whenever I try to debug the package, it fails on a simple OLEDB data source which is a select query on an Informix database.  The crazy thing is that I can hit the preview button and see the results of my query, but it still fails EVERY time.  What is going on?  I have spent 2+ days on this, and have another 2 developers also trying uinsuccessfully to find a solution.  I tried changing the OLEDB connection to  ADO.net, but I need tp pass 1 parameter to the query, and I cant see that option for the ADO.net data source.  I even changed the OLEDB data source to point to my SQL Server instance and use openrowset to query the INformix db, but I get the same result:  I can preview the results of the query, but it fails to run!

The more and more I learn about SSIS, the more and more I despise this application!!!
    Friday, June 12, 2009 5:44 PM