none
Choose image display options dynamically based on image width and height

Question

• Hi All,

Is there any way that we can choose image display options between original size,fit to size,fit proportional dynamically?

I am getting images externally from a URL path stored inside a database field.I have some images very big and some images are really small.since some are big and some are small I chose image display option as fit proportional.I don't have problem if images are big since they are showing up correctly but I am facing problem when images are really small they are not showing up properly and they are really stretching out.So,is there any chance that I can get the images width and height and if image size is over my box width and height  I can say fit proportional and if image is small I can choose original size option.please let me know if we can choose between display options dynamically.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:03 PM

Answers

• Hello,

In Reporting Servicesm, we can use the "Size" tab on the Image Properties dialog box to format the size of the images displayed in a field or in the design area. There are four options:Original Size,Fit to size,Fit proportional, clip. In your issue, you can try to specify the image property as "Fit to size".

Currently, it is not support to specfy a dynamci size of a image control in Reporting Services. Personally, I recommend you that submit a requirement at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:29 AM

All replies

• has anybody worked on choosing image display options dynamically at run time?

Thanks.

Monday, April 29, 2013 1:07 PM
  • Hello,

In Reporting Servicesm, we can use the "Size" tab on the Image Properties dialog box to format the size of the images displayed in a field or in the design area. There are four options:Original Size,Fit to size,Fit proportional, clip. In your issue, you can try to specify the image property as "Fit to size".

Currently, it is not support to specfy a dynamci size of a image control in Reporting Services. Personally, I recommend you that submit a requirement at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:29 AM
  • Fanny,thanks for your reply.Fit proportional seems to be the best option in my case .when I chose fit to size I didn't face problems with large images but if there are any small images those are getting stretched out and not looking good.I wish we have the option to choose display option dynamically.I will try to submit this requirement.
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:40 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your understanding and support.
    I’d like to mark this issue as "Answered". Please also feel free to unmark the issue, with any new findings or concerns you may have. Thanks

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu

Friday, May 03, 2013 1:35 AM