none
Multi value uses wrong deliminator in SSRS2012

Question

• Hi

I have always been a huge fan of the multi value function in the parameters. In SSRS 2012 our report manager is using ";" instead "," when seperating the values - this of course then means that the query return zero results.

I know that I can use the filter function to work around this but I would love if somebody can tell where I can adjust the valute that SSRS uses as the overhead then will be much smaller on our reports.

I have attached a screen shot which show the problem.

Thanks.

BR Rasmus

Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try this link -http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/17104.passing-comma-separated-values-ssrs-multivalued-parameter-as-input-to-the-stored-procedure.aspx

sathya --------- Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful.

Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:17 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the link, unfortunately I see this as another workaround and not a real solution. In my old version of SSRS it used comma so there must be a property we can change somewhere.

BR Rasmus

Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:36 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the link, unfortunately I see this as another workaround and not a real solution. In my old version of SSRS it used comma so there must be a property we can change somewhere.

BR Rasmus

Hi,

I will suggest you another workaround !!

Click outside report body - > right-click - > Report Properties - > Variables - > create a variable

,Click Expression option for the variable ,

In the expression - >  Under Category - > click on Parameters -  > assign the multi valued parameter delimited by semi colon to the variable

,Now try to replace semi colon with comma,like shown below :

=Replace(Parameters!ReportParameter.Value(0),";",",")

You can use this variable as input to your stored procedure,

if you dont want all these just replace it inside your stored procedure for the parameter delimited by semi colon with comma :)

sathya --------- Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful.

Sunday, June 16, 2013 4:40 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for another excellent example - I am though looking after how SSRS uses the below deliminator instead of ";" just like I have been used to prior to SSRS 2012 edition. There must be a parameter we can change somewhere.

BR Rasmus

Sunday, June 16, 2013 12:40 PM