none
Conversion from VS2005 to VS2010

Question

• Hi.

I have converted some of my applications from VS2005 or VS2008 to VS2010.  Mostly, that has been straightforward.  The only cases where I have had problems have been when I was using SQL Server Ce 3.5 databases (SQL Server or MS Access give no problem).  After conversion, I have an error message like:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'NotendurDataSetTableAdapters' does not exist in the namespace 'DreifingOR' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I:\VS2008\DreifingOR\RepNotendurForm.Designer.cs 90 28 DreifingOR

In one case, I tried to reconstruct the DataSet from scratch.  Then I got no more errors and everything was OK.  As some of my datasets are fairly complex, I would not like to do that in every case.

Thanks in advance.

Gudni G. Sigurdsson
    Friday, October 08, 2010 2:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• As nobody has replied to my question, I might as well add an extra comment.

The applications in question were Windows Forms apps for desktop computers using SQL Server Compact databases.  No smart device applications.  The only items that caused trouble during conversion were datasets (*.xsd).  I have installed VS2010 on two computers.  When I tried the conversion on the second one, everything went OK, no conversion errors.  Maybe I have configured VS2010 differently on the two machines, but I wouldn´t know how.  So, this whole question is perhaps not so important any more.  But nevertheless, I would like to understand this.

Cheers

Gudni G. Sigurdsson
    Sunday, October 10, 2010 7:55 PM
  • Hi Gudni G. Sigurdsson,

I would like to recommend that you ask it in the following forums, you might get more specific support:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/adodotnetdataset/threads

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/visualcsharp

If anything is unclear, please let me know.

Regards,
    Tom Li
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:15 AM