none
Visual Studio 2010 does not recognize SQL Compact 4.0 as a data source

Question

• Using the software environment described below, I am unable to Add Connection in VS for SSCE as the latter does not appear in the dialog drop down list in VS. I also note that SSCE does not appear in the Add/Remove Programs list, nor does it appear in All Programs. The 4.0 folder does appear as a subordinate folder to MS SSCE in Program Files. I have included the appropriate reference to SqlServerCe.dll in VS for the Solution I am developing. I have the following software environment:

Windows XP Home SP3

Visual Basic 2010 Express V10.0.30319.1 RTMRel

SQL Compact Edition 4.0

.Net Framework V4.0.30319 RTMRel

WebMatrix

Edit: Please not that I downloaded the SSCE ENU to an external/USB hard drive and executed it from there. This does not seem to be the cause of the problem given that appropriate? folder and files were created in C:\Program Files.

I've spent 8 hours on this problem and have read many Forum posts but to no avail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Allen

Allen Lamb
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:27 AM

Answers

• Version 3.5 is fully supported with VS 2010, but lacks some features in conjunction with Entity Framework.
    Visit my SQL Compact blog - http://erikej.blogspot.com - Please mark as answer, if this was it.
    • Marked as answer by AllenandHolmes Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:26 PM
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:27 AM

All replies