none
Deploying a Master Package with child packages

Question

• I have three packages one for Extract, one for Transform and one for Load. I have created a Master package that calls these three packages with some other logic.

I am deploying the Master package to SQL Server. How can I make it call the child packages without hardcoding their path in the Master package. How can I tell the Master Package to look for the child packages on the same SQL Server?

Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks

Monday, November 03, 2008 8:50 PM

Answers

• All I had to do was to deploy the child packages to the target SQL Server, add a connection to msdb database to the master package, add Execute Package Task to the flow and select SQL Server in the properties and browse for the deployed packages on the server.

Anyways.. thanks for the help!

Friday, November 07, 2008 2:20 AM

All replies

• You should look into configurations to solve this problem.  Configurations allow you to change values in a package (parent or child) without having to alter the package or hard code the values.

Matt
    Monday, November 03, 2008 9:02 PM
  • All I had to do was to deploy the child packages to the target SQL Server, add a connection to msdb database to the master package, add Execute Package Task to the flow and select SQL Server in the properties and browse for the deployed packages on the server.

Anyways.. thanks for the help!

Friday, November 07, 2008 2:20 AM