none
Scheduling SSIS package - Non-sysadmins have been denied permission to run DTS execution job steps without a proxy account

Question

• Hi all,

I have setup a job in SQL server agent in order to execute an SSIS package on a particular schedule. When it comes to executing the job I get the error message "Non-sysadmins have been denied permission to run DTS execution job steps without a proxy account".

OK, I understand that this is because I don't have the relevant permissions with my account and that I need to create a proxy account in order to resolve this issue.

I have tried to create a credential in management studio but it seems that I do not have permission to perform that action either. Do I need to ask my SA to give me that permission and if yes what do I need to ask him to do? I would like to be as specific as possible.

Once I'm given permission to create a credential it seems that the next step is to store credentials for an account with higher rights. I'm a bit confused by this because surely I would need to know the account name and password for the account with higher rights?

Logically, it would make more sense for the SA to create the credential and I can then use that in the package job step properties 'Run-as' section. However, I am new to this and may have misunderstood!

I'm running SQL server 2008.

Thanks for your help.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:10 PM

Answers

All replies