none
Need to repeat some, not all group row headers after first page

Question

• I have to create a report where there are multiple groups before the main data, and while some headers need to repeat each page (such as order number and customer and detail data row/column headers), to save space the address information needs to be suppressed after the first page. After spending hours trying to find an answer here and elsewhere, I give up. Is there a way? 

The report is essentially laid out as grouped by order number, then category of service, then service details. Each category of service needs to have different column headers for the tablix data.

Order group prints separate lines for order number, due date and service priority, customer, customer address.

Service Category group prints detail data with different headers for each type of service.

All lines print on first page, on subsequent pages only the order number, due date and priority, customer, and service category headers print. I can't move the customer address anywhere else.

Monday, February 04, 2013 7:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Debmjax,

When we set the column headers to repeat on each page, all the headers in the same row will repeat. If you want to different column headers to display on different pages, you can try to set the visibility of proper column headers to hidden conditionally.

Reference:
    How to: Hide an Item (Reporting Services)

If it is not the case, I suggest that you post a screenshot of the report to show us your requirement more clearly.

Regard,
    Mike Yin

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you clarify if you want to suppress after first page? or after first page of every group?

Please mark as answered or vote helpful if this post help resolved your issue. Thanks!

k r o o t z

Monday, February 04, 2013 8:08 PM
  • Hi Debmjax,

When we set the column headers to repeat on each page, all the headers in the same row will repeat. If you want to different column headers to display on different pages, you can try to set the visibility of proper column headers to hidden conditionally.

Reference:
    How to: Hide an Item (Reporting Services)

If it is not the case, I suggest that you post a screenshot of the report to show us your requirement more clearly.

Regard,
    Mike Yin

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:54 AM