none
bookmark line numbers shifting 2005/2008

Question

• I'm able to get the bookmarks to persist but am finding intermittently if the application crashes and when I open it again and tell it not to recover the file to return to previously saved version some of the bookmarks shift a few lines and I have to delete/redefine them from scratch.  This doesn't happen everytime but it is frustrating to have to recreate them since I rely heavily on them.  I've tried restoring the .sql, .ssmssln  and the .sqlsuo files from previous version via windows explorer restore functionality w/o luck.  Anyone heard of them or know of a solution?
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:41 PM

All replies

• Also - is there a way to copy the .sql, .ssmssln, .sqlsuo files to a different location and have the paths of the bookmarks pickup the new location so I can share the bookmarks with another user?

Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:47 PM
  • Hi MLeavitt,

Do you mean that SQL Server Management Studio crashed? If so, I suggest running it as administrator. We can also add comment to the queries, and then use “Find and replace” feature to find the right place as a work around.

Allen Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 17, 2012 8:19 AM