none
How can we get read receipts for SSRS subscription emails?

Question

• I need to get read receipts for SSRS subscription emails. Is there any possibility to get the read receipts using SSRS 2008?

Thanks

Monday, May 13, 2013 8:56 PM

Answers

• Hello,

When you create a subscription on Reporting Services, it is create a associated job on SQL Server Agent. We can specify the job notification by select "When the job completes" option.

As per my understanding, the "Read Receipts"  is configured on the E-mail server. It is not support configure email notification on Reporting Services.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

When you create a subscription on Reporting Services, it is create a associated job on SQL Server Agent. We can specify the job notification by select "When the job completes" option.

As per my understanding, the "Read Receipts"  is configured on the E-mail server. It is not support configure email notification on Reporting Services.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:54 AM
  • Hi ,

What do you mean by "Read Receipt" , do you want to know whether user has read email or not ?

I don't think you can get this information. Yes you can identify subscription status using SQL Server agent and query on dbo.Subscriptions table in ReportServerDB.

Regards, Randhir

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:38 AM
  • Hi Pru123,

Based on my understanding, you'd like to know which persons in your specific subscription, right? If so, please using Report Maneger to see it, in addition, if you using data-driven subscription, sometimes there is one t-sql or stored procedure for the receipts. 

Regards,
    Sharp

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help you and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 17, 2013 9:00 AM