none
Column and Row group text color in ssrs 2008 in matrix

Question

• im asking in ssrs 2008 is there any text color expression.i mean i want to change the text color for my column groups or row groups  when run the report,in most of site i only see the background color which sometimes not look good to view, i think change the text color will do.

here is my table  when run the report ..if Animal(cat and dog) is my column group and person1and 2  is my row group, all i want how can i make to different text color for my column group when run the report eg cat 1 = red and dog 1 =blue..even if possible if row group has different color

mouse cat  dog
    person1  1   12
    person2  3    4

thanks in advance

• Edited by uttar007 Monday, December 03, 2012 9:12 PM
    Monday, December 03, 2012 8:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Uttar,

From you description, you want to set the background color base on the category and number of the animal, right? Please try to use the expression below to set the background color of the
    =switch(fields!category.Value="cat" AND fields!number.Value>5,"Red",
                fields! category.Value="cat" AND fields! number.Value<=5,"Green",
                fields! category.Value="dog" AND fields! number.Value>5,"Blue",
                fields! category.Value="dog" AND fields! number.Value<=5,"Yellow")
    I have tested this expression, the results looks like:

If this is not you want,you can set the background color you want manually in Excel, then provide us the screenshot about the sample result, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:30 AM

All replies

• The text color is simply "Color" in the Font section of the properties pane. It, like backgroundcolor, supports expressions.

Please Mark posts as answers or helpful so that others can more easily find the answers they seek.

Monday, December 03, 2012 9:15 PM
  • hi Tim

thanks for your reply but still not solves my problem

if my column group is something like this =Fields!XXX.value...when i run the report the cat and dog display separate, this applies for my row group too.

if i change the text "color" in property to "green", run the report it will still be green...

thanks

Monday, December 03, 2012 9:40 PM
  • Hi Uttar,

From you description, you want to set the background color base on the category and number of the animal, right? Please try to use the expression below to set the background color of the
    =switch(fields!category.Value="cat" AND fields!number.Value>5,"Red",
                fields! category.Value="cat" AND fields! number.Value<=5,"Green",
                fields! category.Value="dog" AND fields! number.Value>5,"Blue",
                fields! category.Value="dog" AND fields! number.Value<=5,"Yellow")
    I have tested this expression, the results looks like:

If this is not you want,you can set the background color you want manually in Excel, then provide us the screenshot about the sample result, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:30 AM
  • Or set Color as Charlie describes above to change the text color.

Please Mark posts as answers or helpful so that others can more easily find the answers they seek.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 6:09 PM
  • hi

thanks..:)

Monday, December 10, 2012 2:44 AM
  • Hi Lio,

If i need only highlight text value,so how to do this.

example like :

SharePoint 2010

Hasan Jamal Siddiqui(MCTS,MCPD,ITIL@V3),Share Point Application Developer,TCS

Monday, April 08, 2013 12:12 PM