none
How Do I Get My Excel Menu Ribbon to Show?

Question

• umm, this is a little embarrassing to ask, but does anybody know how I got my Excel Ribbon, shown below, to display?  This was the first Excel Services report I ever published (Excel 2007/SharePoint 2010 W/PerformancePoint), and it just appeared.  I just published my second ever report, and that ribbon is not there.  I have tried to compare the PivotTable Options between the two reports and I'm not seeing anything that looks like it would be the culprit.

Friday, January 13, 2012 8:04 PM

Answers

• To get that ribbon to appear, you need to edit the properties of the Web Part in which the report is being displayed.  Nothing to do with Excel Servies. 

Cheers,

Martina

Martina White
    • Marked as answer by puffster Monday, January 23, 2012 6:09 PM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 4:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Puffster,

Are both of these two Excel file from Excel 2007? have you uploaded the file to the same place? to your this special scenario, I would recommend you delete this file, then create a PowerPivot Gallery, lastly deploy the Excel workbook into this location from client Excel file rather than upload the file directly.

If the issue still exist, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:51 AM
  • hi puffster,

yeah..from what I see from your screen-shot this is Excel 2010, not Excel 2007 as you reported.

As Challen ask, are both of these two Excel file from Excel 2007?

Bye

Norman
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 8:32 AM
  • OK, sounds like there may be a couple of learning opportunities on my end...the Office Suite on my local PC that I develop on is Office 2007; however, our Production SharePoint site that I publish to is 2010...so I guess it's Office extensions would be 2010 as well?  Even so, if I developed/published both of the reports in the same manor (as far as I can tell), shouldn't I see the same end results?

And regarding PowerPivot, I must confess that I don't really know anything about it.  I just assumed it was a third-party add on that would cost money to use, and I've not had an opportunity to evaluate it yet.  I'm just getting my feet wet in Analysis Services and still have a lot to learn... 

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:04 PM
  • To get that ribbon to appear, you need to edit the properties of the Web Part in which the report is being displayed.  Nothing to do with Excel Servies. 

Cheers,

Martina

Martina White
    • Marked as answer by puffster Monday, January 23, 2012 6:09 PM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 4:26 PM