none
SSRS 2012 How to Customize Map Legend Text

Question

• Hello, I would like to override the display of the lowest range in my SSRS MAP legend to say "Less than 5" instead of 0. The result would be a map legend range of [Less Than 5 - 5], [6-10], [11-20], and so no. I've found how to create custom ranges, but they appear to be dependent on NUMERIC format. There is no option to override the actual display. I've tried to enter an expression insided the Legend Text option under PoygonLayer properties/PolygonRules/ColorRules:

=iif(count(Fields!DimChildID.Value) < 5, "Less Than 5" - #TOVALUE{N0}, #FROMVALUE{N0} - #TOVALUE{N0}

But this expression fails. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Caesar

Monday, March 11, 2013 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Caesar,

From your description, you want to customize the "0 - 5" legend text to "Less Than 5 - 5" in the Map Legend. I don't think the custom range or the expression for Legend text can achieve this requirement. 

Here, I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/sql. 

Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:19 AM