none
The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2013-01-21T18:52:00). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (The operation has timed out.).

Question

• I am unable to send a test email.

Database mail message logs :
    The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2013-01-21T18:52:00). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (The operation has timed out.).

Below is the account profile

Mudassar

Monday, January 21, 2013 6:59 PM

Answers

• I have figured out the issue as I was using gmail account.

I needed to set authentication as ssl.

Port number :587

And also had to set the basic authentication using gmail email address and password

SMTP Server Details

Hotmail        SMTP server name: smtp.live.com                    Port number:   587
    Gmail           SMTP server name: smtp.gmail.com                  Port number:   587
    Yahoo          SMTP server name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com          Port number :  25
    AOL             SMTP server name: smtp.aol.com                    Port number :  587

Mudassar

• Marked as answer by MLTC Monday, January 21, 2013 7:42 PM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 7:20 PM
  • http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2578/setup-sql-server-database-mail-to-use-a-gmail-hotmail-yahoo-or-aol-account/

Guys the above link is great if you are trying for testing purpose using gmail ,live or any other email account settings.

Thanks

Mudassar

Mudassar

Monday, January 21, 2013 7:42 PM

All replies

• I have figured out the issue as I was using gmail account.

I needed to set authentication as ssl.

Port number :587

And also had to set the basic authentication using gmail email address and password

SMTP Server Details

Hotmail        SMTP server name: smtp.live.com                    Port number:   587
    Gmail           SMTP server name: smtp.gmail.com                  Port number:   587
    Yahoo          SMTP server name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com          Port number :  25
    AOL             SMTP server name: smtp.aol.com                    Port number :  587

Mudassar

Monday, January 21, 2013 7:20 PM
  • http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2578/setup-sql-server-database-mail-to-use-a-gmail-hotmail-yahoo-or-aol-account/

Guys the above link is great if you are trying for testing purpose using gmail ,live or any other email account settings.

Thanks

Mudassar

Mudassar

Monday, January 21, 2013 7:42 PM