none
SQL Server FullText Search(MSSQLSERVER) won't restart

Question

•  

I'm trying to change the 'Log on As' login in SQL Server Configuration Manager for the FullText Search Service and everytime I do it it just times out. I'm assuming it's getting stuck on the restart of the service. I've already changed it for MSSQLServer, the agent and Analysis Services. We only have 1 full text catalog.. so I'm not sure why it's getting stuck.. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil

Friday, June 13, 2008 4:15 PM

Answers

• Interestingly enough, my network Admin was able to stop the service through control panel (not SQL server config manager). It hung for awhile and we had to stop all the processes, but when we came back it had changed the logon on as (which was my original goal).

Thanks,

Phil

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:07 PM

All replies

• I still am wondering about this....

Thanks,

Phil

Monday, June 16, 2008 2:00 PM
  • Hi Phil,

1. could you run "select fulltextserviceproperty('isfulltextinstalled')" to ensure that is installed first

2. could you ensure the service is on? If the service is stuck to start could you try start it as another account? (in case you don't know how to: go to Services in Control Panel, then find the services about Full Text Search, right click on it and select Log On, then change the account to some others

3. Here is an article about SQL Server 2005 Full-Text Search: Internals and Enhancements:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345119.aspx

Also, could you open the event viewer to see whether there is any clue or detailed error.

Hope this helps and let me know more questions or your trial result to unblock your problem.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:13 AM
  • It's installed and running. I'm unable to stop it though w/out it timing out. Does it have anything to do w/ the fact that I've changed the login for SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)? Is that service looking for the old account or anything?

Thanks,

Phil

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:09 PM
  • Interestingly enough, my network Admin was able to stop the service through control panel (not SQL server config manager). It hung for awhile and we had to stop all the processes, but when we came back it had changed the logon on as (which was my original goal).

Thanks,

Phil

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:07 PM