none
SSIS packages not running on Windows 64 bit machine

Question

• Hi All,

I have created a SSIS package on windows 32 bit machine in BIDS. Ran the package using dtexec utility and its running fine.

But when i copy this package on to windows 64 bit machine and run it using dtexec utility it giving the following error. 

Column Column1 cannot convert between unicode and non-unicode string data types. 

Source database for the package is on Oracle 64 bit machine. 

Do i need to set any property so that i can the package runs on 64 bit machine ? 

Thanks,
      Kiran
    Monday, April 20, 2009 5:06 PM

Answers

• Hi.
    let me know in which task you are getting his error?
    generally it comes in script task and/ or script components. there you need to set a property named as "pre compilation" as TRUE. this will come when you open task for edit.

Thanks-

Let us TRY this
    • Marked as answer by Tony Tang_YJ Monday, April 27, 2009 7:13 AM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:45 AM

All replies

• are use using the 32 bit version of dtexec on the 64 bit machine?

ssis 2005: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\dtexec.exe

ssis 2008: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\dtexec.exe

hth
    Duane Douglas, MCAD | http://www.ssisbi.com | Please mark the post(s) that answered your question.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 6:01 AM
  • Hi.
    let me know in which task you are getting his error?
    generally it comes in script task and/ or script components. there you need to set a property named as "pre compilation" as TRUE. this will come when you open task for edit.

Thanks-

Let us TRY this
    • Marked as answer by Tony Tang_YJ Monday, April 27, 2009 7:13 AM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:45 AM
  • ETL
    Package will execute but u will get a warning in that case.
    Hope this helps !! - Sudeep
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:03 PM
  • Hi Sudeep,
    it will fail the package, if it is not true.

Let us TRY this
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:16 PM