none
Execute a part of an SSIS package

Question

• Sql Server and SSIS 2008:

This may have been asked before, but I could not find it via search.
    How do I execute just part of a package?
    I need to execute a SQL taks, and it's following Container (because the SQL task feeds it).
    I can't execute the whole package because there are certain data manual data manipulations in between stpes I need to do for testing purposes.
    I can see how to execute a single task, but when i do that I loose the information in the object variable the SQL task passes to the Container, so I am guessing I need to execute them both together. But when I select both the SQL task and container, it does give me an option to execute those.

What am I doing wrong, how can i do that?

Thanks
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 5:29 PM

Answers

• Disable the tasks that you do not want to execute and then execute the package
    Nitesh Rai- Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question
    • Marked as answer by Fo Fa Thursday, December 03, 2009 5:36 PM
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 5:31 PM

All replies

• Disable the tasks that you do not want to execute and then execute the package
    Nitesh Rai- Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question
    • Marked as answer by Fo Fa Thursday, December 03, 2009 5:36 PM
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 5:31 PM
  • Never noticed that disable before, makes perfect sense!

Worked like a champ.

Thanks once again.
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 5:37 PM
  • Never noticed that disable before, makes perfect sense!

Worked like a champ.

Thanks once again.

Its a dad idea to go disabling tasks. You only have to re-enable them again and plus thery have some arbitrary behaviour that cna soetimes make them unpredictable.

A better idea is to put all the tasks that you want to execute into a sequence container and then right-click on the sequence container and select "Execute Container".
    http://sqlblog.com/blogs/jamie_thomson/ | http://jamiethomson.spaces.live.com/ | @jamiet
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 9:50 PM