none
SQL Server 2008 Copy Database Wizard: Fail

Question

• I am trying to use the SQL Server 2008 Copy Database Wizard to copy a SQL Server 2008 database. I am using the SQL Management Object method. However, the copy fails with the following error:

ERROR : 
    errorCode
    =-1073548784 description=Executing the query "/*
    '==============================================..."

failed
    with the following error: "Cannot use a CONTAINS or
    FREETEXT predicate on table or indexed view 'Product' because *
    it is not full-text indexed."

Any ideas on how I can proceed with this will be super helpful

Kind Regards Nai

• Moved by Bob Bojanic Monday, May 17, 2010 5:22 PM (From:SQL Server Integration Services)
    Friday, April 16, 2010 10:58 AM

All replies

• Hi nychng,

It seems you are using COBTAINS or FREETEXT predicate on the object 'Product'. If 'Product' is not full-text indexed, the error occurs.

So, to solve the issue, please make sure there is no query against 'Product' using CONTAINS or FREETEXT predicate. We can check this in stored procedures.

Additionally, the full log will help us to solve the issue too. Could you please put the full log included the "query".

Thanks,

Jin Chen

Jin Chen - MSFT
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:53 AM
  • So the Copy Database Wizard cannot re-create SPROCS that use CONTAINS or FREETEXT predicates? Sounds like a bug?

Just to give a bit more background to the problem. I am trying to move the recipient DB of a logshipping process to another server for reporting purposes. So this DB is in standby/restoring mode. I find that the Copy Database Wizard seems to be the only way to move it as I can't de-attach/attach the database and move/copy it without breaking the logshipping process.

So basically, I can't remove the query that is using the CONTAINS and FREETEXT predicates. 

Here is the log:

Executed as user: REPORTING\WebAppUser. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility  Version 10.0.2531.0 for 64-bit  Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved.    Started:  11:30:07  Progress: 2010-04-20 11:30:11.41     Source: Backup_Reporting_Transfer Objects Task      Task just started the execution.: 0% complete  End Progress  Error: 2010-04-20 11:46:38.86     Code: 0x00000000     Source: Backup_Reporting_Transfer Objects Task      Description: ERROR : errorCode=-1073548784 description=Executing the query "                -- ===============================..." failed with the following error: "Cannot use a CONTAINS or FREETEXT predicate on table or indexed view 'User_UserDetail' because it is not full-text indexed.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly. 

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:28 AM
  • I would like to second this as a probable bug. We are using SQL Server 2005 and are trying to copy a database that has several fulltext catalogs to a new server. Regardless of which way I try to copy, either fails because there are fulltext catalogs attached or it fails when it tries to create the stored procs that use the CONTAINS clause. So one is in a catch-22. The copy process removes the fulltext catalogs, but the fulltext catalogs are required to re-create the stored procs that reference them. The only option therefore is some kind of manual intervention, most likely copying individual objects.
    Monday, May 10, 2010 3:45 PM
  • You can report a bug and request an improvement at Connect: https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer?wa=wsignin1.0

If you do, can you post the link here? Thanks.

BTW - SQL Server 2008 probably has better chance for acceptance.

Kalman Toth, SQL Server & Business Intelligence Training; SQL 2008 GRAND SLAM
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:14 PM