none
SSIS, SSAS & SSRS

Question

• Is there a sample complete project from creating SSIS, then creating ssas then ssrs. Trying to learn, have virtual machinr running, but I need help in creating one project which will walk me through creating ssis, then ssas, then ssrs. Like a complete lab of one project which would contain all 3?

Please let me know of any labs. What I have seen is different labs for ssis, then different for ssas etc, but I am sure there has to be one book or one lab which sort of covers all 3. thanks for any hlep.

Thursday, June 09, 2011 3:28 PM

Answers

• Search YouTube, it will have a ton of videos (IMHO this is the best way to get started), here is one for SSIS Basics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl0Vze2_6_o
    Arthur My Blog
    By: TwitterButtons.com
    Thursday, June 09, 2011 3:35 PM
  • Check out the "Delivering Business Intelligence with Microsoft SQL Server 2008" book by Brian Larson.  I have used this one as well as his 2005 version...and he covers the development of a full BI solution from SSIS, to SSAS and SSRS.  Though...I would say that the material is not for a raw beginner.

- will
    Thursday, June 09, 2011 8:25 PM
  • Another great book for learning the stack is "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance" It's actually the self study guide for the MCTS 70-448
    Friday, June 10, 2011 4:09 AM

All replies

• Search YouTube, it will have a ton of videos (IMHO this is the best way to get started), here is one for SSIS Basics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl0Vze2_6_o
    Arthur My Blog
    By: TwitterButtons.com
    Thursday, June 09, 2011 3:35 PM
  • Is there a sample complete project from creating SSIS, then creating ssas then ssrs. Trying to learn, have virtual machinr running, but I need help in creating one project which will walk me through creating ssis, then ssas, then ssrs. Like a complete lab of one project which would contain all 3?

Please let me know of any labs. What I have seen is different labs for ssis, then different for ssas etc, but I am sure there has to be one book or one lab which sort of covers all 3. thanks for any hlep.

• Merged by Stephanie Lv Friday, June 10, 2011 3:14 AM duplicated thread
    Thursday, June 09, 2011 4:24 PM
  • Check out the "Delivering Business Intelligence with Microsoft SQL Server 2008" book by Brian Larson.  I have used this one as well as his 2005 version...and he covers the development of a full BI solution from SSIS, to SSAS and SSRS.  Though...I would say that the material is not for a raw beginner.

- will
    Thursday, June 09, 2011 8:25 PM
  • This is a duplicate post http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/sqlintegrationservices/thread/420ea292-1dc8-4c73-8ff1-e2c5411e1cb6
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Friday, June 10, 2011 2:16 AM
  • Another great book for learning the stack is "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance" It's actually the self study guide for the MCTS 70-448
    Friday, June 10, 2011 4:09 AM