none
pass variable value from sql server job agent

Question

• hi,

how cna i pass my variable value in SSIS  from sql server job agent,

or i need to call from ssis from stored proc and and pass variable value from that sp

need help

Monday, March 04, 2013 8:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Your question is bit vague, what you actually want to do DO you want to pass variable parameter in SSIS package through job ?

Use package configuration, there are several ways to do that

1. As Dinesh Menon suggested but that is not efficient way as you have change the job script again and again if you want to pass the different values of that variable.

2. Use XML File pass the variables you don't need to touch the job or package just change the value inXML File.

3. SQL Server configuration.

Please mark it as helpful if it helps.

Thanks

Sumit

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 7:11 AM

All replies

• What are you needing to pass the value to?  You have posted you want to pass the variable from an SSIS job to another package, another job?  There are several methods to do this, but more specific details are required.

David Dye My Blog

Monday, March 04, 2013 8:20 PM
  • Hello,

Please refer the below post to see how variable values can be set from SQL Agent job

Variable Value from SQl Agent Job

Regards, Dinesh

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 1:15 AM
  • Hi,

Your question is bit vague, what you actually want to do DO you want to pass variable parameter in SSIS package through job ?

Use package configuration, there are several ways to do that

1. As Dinesh Menon suggested but that is not efficient way as you have change the job script again and again if you want to pass the different values of that variable.

2. Use XML File pass the variables you don't need to touch the job or package just change the value inXML File.

3. SQL Server configuration.

Please mark it as helpful if it helps.

Thanks

Sumit

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 7:11 AM