none
Pivot Table columns disappear or duplicate on change - corruption???

Question

• I am in the process of building a large workbook for my business and all been going fine until today.  If i add a new clumn value it inserts it as "Sum of X". If I edit measure and make it average eithther the column disappears completely or i get both avergae and sum in the pivot table. The field list just shows "Sum of X" still.   I have to save, close and reopen the workbook for the coulmns to appear correctly.   Have I created some long term corruption that will palgue me forever? Is there a solution? Should I rewind to a version from a few days ago and start again?

Thanks Mike

Monday, April 23, 2012 8:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• could you please refer the link here given.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5977564_delete-field-pivot-table-excel.html

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 10:07 AM
  • That's not the problem. I remove a field form the field list and it may go form the table ,but still be listed  or I change the calc form sum ot count and get both coluns in my table and only one in the field list.  If I close it down and repon ti sorts itself out. i think it is just a memory issue as the workbook gets bigger. Hoping to find a way to try it on 64-bit office.
    Thursday, May 03, 2012 8:59 AM
  • Masplin,

Is this still an issue?

Thanks!

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:55 AM
    Owner
  • i sometime get this whne I change the default calcuation that instead of replacing it I get 2 columns in the pivot table, but only one showing the toolbar on the right. However i can now just right click on the pivot table and remove the one I don't want.
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 2:23 PM