none
Where can I download SQL Server 2012 Management Studio Express?

Answers

• Hi, you can download SQL Server 2012 Management Studio Express from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29062

There are options for 32-bit and 64-bit, so grab the correct one based on your machine architecture.  For future installs, you can save a step by downloading/installing Express Advanced (ex: SQLEXPRADV_x86_ENU.exe), which includes both the Express database engine and the client tools (SSMS).

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

My Blog

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi, you can download SQL Server 2012 Management Studio Express from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29062

There are options for 32-bit and 64-bit, so grab the correct one based on your machine architecture.  For future installs, you can save a step by downloading/installing Express Advanced (ex: SQLEXPRADV_x86_ENU.exe), which includes both the Express database engine and the client tools (SSMS).

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

My Blog

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:33 PM
  • Which one just includes SSMS?
    • Edited by Peter_D503 Friday, August 09, 2013 6:05 AM
    Friday, August 09, 2013 6:05 AM
  • Whichever of these you need depending on whether your OS is 32 bit or 64 bit:

NU\x64\SQLManagementStudio_x64_ENU.exe

600.2 MB

ENU\x86\SQLManagementStudio_x86_ENU.exe

614.9 MB

Run the installer, then choose 'New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation' and follow the wizard.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:15 PM
  • Thanks a lot. i have installed SQL Management Studio. merry Christmas ;)))
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:29 PM
  • hello

I too am trying to install management studio for 2012 express and am out of luck and patience.

I have currently got 2008 R2 full and express versions and now would like to upgrade my free version to 2012

I am getting an error when I download and install the management studio element from the link you have listed above:

"The system cannot find the windows installer file"

Any words of wisdom for me?

Regards,

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:48 AM
  • @CarmaGISGerber you need to uninstall SQL Server 2008 first.
    Monday, July 21, 2014 3:00 AM
  • The link provided seems to be broken. I am getting this message: 

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.

Friday, August 29, 2014 6:28 PM
  • The link provided seems to be broken. I am getting this message: 

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.

I get the same message for any of the SQL Express 2012 products: Server, SP1, Management Studio... The server might be down.

I hope it works soon, I need to install it today

Friday, August 29, 2014 8:34 PM
  • You can download and use SQL Express 2014 Management Studio. It can connect to SQL 2012 Express and is still available.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dn434042.aspx

Friday, August 29, 2014 9:04 PM