none
Job Fail

Question

• HI Friends

One of server my job is getting fail. It will showing log speace is full but log speace is 24GB But actually my log file actual speace is 30GB How can i handile this isssue plz help me urgent

Thanks
    MS

Monday, May 19, 2008 10:59 AM

All replies

•  subu999 wrote:

HI Friends

One of server my job is getting fail. It will showing log speace is full but log speace is 24GB But actually my log file actual speace is 30GB How can i handile this isssue plz help me urgent

Thanks
    MS

Check SQL Server Agent Error Log for any clue. Check the drive where the MSDB Log file  is kept. Also check the job is running on which database.

Madhu

Monday, May 19, 2008 12:32 PM
  •  

yes i can do the same thing but againg that job is failing.

1st One backup Job is running at 6:00 Pm

2nd job is running at 7:000 pm i can shrinke it.

Again it will fail any help plz

Monday, May 19, 2008 12:56 PM
  • Check the Sql Server error log and see if you can find some clues. Check if there is enoough disk space in the drives containing Sql Server data and log files. Also check the database settings and set it as unlimited if it is limited to a small value.

- Deepak
    Monday, May 19, 2008 1:10 PM
  • Hi Rangaraj

There is have some disk speace againg that job is failing.

I can give suggestions also change the job scheduling,also

but that is not issue here right cheack the error log also give some good suggestions really appriciate to that guy

It will saying operating system error 112

Monday, May 19, 2008 1:21 PM
  • Check the open transactions against the database whose log file is full using DBCC OPENTRAN command. If you have large number of open transactions you can't shrink the file.. Is the database configured for any high availability solution like, log shipping or database mirroring??

Use the below command to check log reuse wait status.

select name,log_reuse_wait_desc from sys.databases where name ='yourdbname'
    Monday, May 19, 2008 1:28 PM
  • On What reasons here my Transaction log file is increasing

could u plz help me

Monday, May 19, 2008 2:51 PM
  • Refer this link which describes the reasons for the log file growth, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317375

1. Due to Uncommitted transactions. We can find if there are any open transactions using DBCC OPENTRAN.
    2. Running DBCC REINDEX, CREATE INDEX operations with the database in Full Recovery model.
    3. Running extremely large transactions like Bulk Insert, Select Into commands. etc..
    This link, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873235 describes the methods to curtail the abnormal log file growth.

- Deepak

Monday, May 19, 2008 4:00 PM
  • HI ,

The job is in the time of data loading only job faile,

is there any way to after data loading we can shrinke that database is it possible or not

in the processing time it work very good. In the loading only it is showing proublem.

Thanks

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 5:09 AM
  • If the database in FULL recovery, and you are not doing TRANSACTION LOG backups (point-in-time recovery), change the database to SIMPLE recovery.

This is how you can shrink the log: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907511

Was this working "yesterday"?  What happened?

Saturday, May 24, 2008 6:23 AM