none
Mirroring for multiple databases

Question

• Hello everyone,

I am trying to setup mirroring for multiple databases ( say, 3) from a principal server to a mirror server.

I am successful setting up one. But when I try to set up mirroring for the second database, under 'configure security', the listener port and end point name grays out with the first database information instead if leaving it editable for me to enter the info of second database. Am i missing something?

thanks,

Frank

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Frank,

it is only allowed to have one endpoint per connection type.
    So when the wizard checks for mirroring endpoint and already find one on the servers used for mirroring, it shows this endpoint as readonly.

Just go on and use the same endpoint for all mirror databases.

Helge

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:08 PM
  • Hi,

All mirroring connections on a server instance use a single database mirroring endpoint. Therefore, if the databases are under one SQL Server instance, you only need to create one database mirroring endpoint for all the databases on this instance.

If there are any more problems, please let me know.
    Thanks.

***Xiao Min Tan***Microsoft Online Community***
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Frank,

it is only allowed to have one endpoint per connection type.
    So when the wizard checks for mirroring endpoint and already find one on the servers used for mirroring, it shows this endpoint as readonly.

Just go on and use the same endpoint for all mirror databases.

Helge

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:08 PM
  • Hi,

All mirroring connections on a server instance use a single database mirroring endpoint. Therefore, if the databases are under one SQL Server instance, you only need to create one database mirroring endpoint for all the databases on this instance.

If there are any more problems, please let me know.
    Thanks.

***Xiao Min Tan***Microsoft Online Community***
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 7:57 AM