none
Workflow Initialization: Failed to start a workflow that runs a process or script

Question

• Dear all

I have the following warning in scom  for  my mailbox server (exchange 2010)

“Data was found in the output, but has been dropped because the Event Policy for the process started at 8:47:00 AM has detected errors.  I run the troubleshoot-database-space.ps1 in MBX1 from C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Scripts  and it was successful I viewed  the logs in the Microsoft exchange troubleshooter.

I just wonder what is this warning and what is meant by  the Event Policy for the process started at 8:47:00 AM has detected errors.

The error :

“Data was found in the output, but has been dropped because the Event Policy for the process started at 8:47:00 AM has detected errors

The 'StdErr' policy expression:

\a+

matched the following output:

Get-Counter : No data to return.

At C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\

Monitoring Host Temporary Files 11\3174\Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace.ps1:155 char

:39

+         $logBytesCounter = get-counter <<<<  -ComputerName $database.MountedO

nServer -Counter $counterName -MaxSamples 10

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (:) [Get-Counter], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CounterApiError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.Ge

tCounterCommand

Get-C

Command executed:     "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" -Command "& '.\ExecuteDiagnosticScript.ps1' -MonitoringDataSource 'MSExchange Monitoring Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace' -MaxStartDelaySeconds '15' -DiagnosticScriptName '.\Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace.ps1' -DiagnosticScriptArguments '-Server SRVMBX01.avitdc.local -Quarantine -MonitoringContext'"

Working Directory:          C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 11\3174\

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: many

Instance name: many

Instance ID: many

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:26 AM

All replies

• It looks like apparently this error is concerning a storage capacity issue  and I do think for SCOM Database itself since I have expereicncec similar errors with SCOM administrators , thereby I do prefer much to refer to your SCOM  administrators to elaborate better about such errors

Shehap (DB Consultant/DB Architect) Think More deeply of DB Stress Stabilities

Friday, June 22, 2012 6:23 AM
  • i have the same alert .

the wired thing is if ran the command manually means

1- Open Powershell

2- change the directory to "C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager\Agent\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 383\3157>" which is the working directory specified in the alert.

3- run the command >.\ExecuteDiagnosticScript.ps1 -MonitoringDataSource 'MSExchange Monitoring Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace' -MaxStartDelaySeconds '15' -DiagnosticScriptName '.\Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace.ps1' -DiagnosticScriptArguments '-Server IKAROUS0602.warbant.com -Quarantine -MonitoringContext'

it works fine and it returns data.

BUT

if the command runs by the SCOM (Automated) it failed.

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 11:50 AM
  • dear Mr shehab

thanks for your support i am the scom admin ,but I don't have idea about the sql database

I just don't know how it is a storage capacity  issue . do I have to ask this qestion in sql forum

Thursday, July 05, 2012 6:53 AM
  • I Think ita timeout issue.

Dear Om Zayed, Could you please execute the same script manually

1- log in to the server ( Server which have a problem)

2- Open Powershell

3- navigate to "C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 11\3174\"

4- run the following script "     .\ExecuteDiagnosticScript.ps1' -MonitoringDataSource 'MSExchange Monitoring Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace' -MaxStartDelaySeconds '15' -DiagnosticScriptName '.\Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace.ps1' -DiagnosticScriptArguments '-Server SRVMBX01.avitdc.local -Quarantine -MonitoringContext'     "

5- if it takes long time, do not try to kill , keeep it

how much free RAM on that server

can you please check if the server has a latency in the hard disk ??

Thursday, July 05, 2012 11:41 AM
  • That script's parameter for time out cannot be changed.  Now, in the new Exchange 2010 MP the time out was changed so that the script would run and complete, the problem was it was causing mail outages.

Starting 'ExecuteDiagnosticScript.ps1' ('MSExchange Monitoring Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace'; '15'; '.\Troubleshoot-DatabaseSpace.ps1'; '-Server XXXX.Domain.com -Quarantine -MonitoringContext'

See the '-Quarantine'?  This script will randomly shut down mailboxes..  MSFT is working on a fix and will release an updated MP soon:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2012/06/28/mailboxes-on-a-database-are-quarantined-in-an-environment-with-system-center-operations-manager.aspx

• Proposed as answer by A. Al-Haffar Sunday, July 08, 2012 10:15 AM
    Sunday, July 08, 2012 10:15 AM
  • Dear Al haffar

thanks for your support ,the problem now that when I navigate to "C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State I didn't found a folder with this name Monitoring Host Temporary Files 11, I just found Monitoring Host Temporary Files 77 and Monitoring Host Temporary Files  78 and when opening them I can not find 3174

yes I have a latecy in the hard disk and scom advices me to make defragment to it but I am afraid to make a defragmentation to the hard disk that contains the mailbox database

I asked before about that and no one replied me

as I have 2 clustered mailboxex and 2 networkload ballanced hubcas servers .

so you suggest that I must solve the latency issue first ?

Sunday, July 15, 2012 7:14 AM