none
Login failed for user: Reason:Token-based server access validation failed with an infrastructure error Received for member of AD security group member on SQL 2008 R2

Question

• Hi,

I have installed a named instance of SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 bit on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 bit. The os is running as a VM ware virtual machine.

I have created an AD security group for database engine sys admins on that machine. I added my user to that group.So for example;

domainname\machinename_SQL_DBE_SysADmins is a user with SysAdmin server role permissions. User domainname\MichaelEFF is a member of this group.

When I log onto the machine as this user and run the management studio with run as administrator I cannot log into the database engine. The log shows the error:

Login failed for user: Reason:Token-based server access validation failed with an infrastructure error

I've read many posts where the MVP says that the UAC is not passing the group membership. Is this the case? If so then how will role based access ever be possible with windows authentication? How can this be resolved?

Thanks!

Michael

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:12 PM

All replies