none
Error while calling custom dll function in ssrs 2008

Question

• Hi,

I am getting

Error while loading code module: ‘MyDll.dll, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'reportUtilityLibrary, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

error while calling custom dll function in my reports in ssrs 2008.i created dll in VS2005.i put it into VS2008 Private assemblies and reporting services bin  folders.while i calling that dll function i am getting error.

Can any one help me out.?

Thanks

• Changed type Balajeee Thursday, April 08, 2010 7:51 AM
    Wednesday, April 07, 2010 3:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post!

Error while loading code module: ‘MyDll.dll, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'reportUtilityLibrary, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

It seems that the “MyDll.dll” is referencing another file or assembly ‘reportUtilityLibaray’, however, you don’t put ‘reportUtilityLibaray’ in the VS2008 private assemblies and reporting services bin folders. That’s why it states that the MyDll.dll can’t load the file or assembly ‘reportUtilityLibaray’.

So as to work around this problem, please add ‘reportUtilityLibaray’ into VS2008 private assemblies and reporting services bin folders. If ‘MyDll.dll’ is referencing any other custom DLLs, please also put them into those both folders.

Thanks,
    Chunsong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, April 09, 2010 8:22 AM