none
Display Parameter(Prompt filter) value in report of Ad-hoc Report Builder ?

Question

• I have developed a report in Ad-hoc Report builder report with 5 prompt filter (report parameters), here I want to show up the user selected parameter value for only 1(i.e.Date) out of 5 parameters on the Report.
    Using Filter Description displays all the filter values.

Please help!!
    Thanks!! Devashish Dhingra MCP
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:18 PM

Answers

• You could add the parameter in your title.
    Example...
    =" My Title " & String.Format("in {0} to {1}", Parameters!Parametername1.Value, Parameters!Parametername2.Value ) & " XYZ"

Alternately you could add a textbox and add the above expression in it.

The trick is finding the name of your parameter. To do that first save your report. Then using report manager go to the properties of your report and there you will get the real name of the parameter not the display name.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:39 PM

All replies

• You could add the parameter in your title.
    Example...
    =" My Title " & String.Format("in {0} to {1}", Parameters!Parametername1.Value, Parameters!Parametername2.Value ) & " XYZ"

Alternately you could add a textbox and add the above expression in it.

The trick is finding the name of your parameter. To do that first save your report. Then using report manager go to the properties of your report and there you will get the real name of the parameter not the display name.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:39 PM
  • Thanks RMehta,
    This is really helpful and I just wanted to know one more doubts with Report Builder parameters is that, how can we implement to have a "All" option also in the parameters.

Thanks!! Devashish Dhingra MCP
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:51 PM
  • you can use multi-value parameter.

hope it helps

Cherry-tree

• Proposed as answer by RMehta Wednesday, May 13, 2009 4:25 PM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 2:55 PM
  • Thanks Cherry, but unlike Report Designer there is no option called multi-value parameter in Report builder.
    Thanks!! MCP
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:08 PM