none
Remove the BackgroundColor of Report tablix in SSRS

Question

• I don't want to show the tablix background color when i print the report ,but when i view the report in BIDS i want to show..

Thanks in advance

Paramesh

Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Paramesh,

As per my understanding, this cannot be done in Reporting Services currently. The workaroung for it is you can export the report first and then print it from the exported file, then we can set the background color for tablix and remove it when exporting it. You can use the expression below to set the tablix's background color.
    =IIF(Globals!RenderFormat.Name="EXCEL" or Globals!RenderFormat.Name="PDF" or Globals!RenderFormat.Name="Word","White","LightGrey")

If you have any concerns about this feature, you can submit a feedback at http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback and hope it is resolved in the next release of service pack or product.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 17, 2013 2:23 AM
  • Hi Charlie,

Thanks, i Hope it will solved in next release.

Regards,

Paramesh

Friday, May 17, 2013 5:14 AM
  • There's no need to export first.  When you print a report, the Globals!RenderFormat variable will be set to IMAGE.  So you can use that in the expression.

More info: Hide/Show Items Dependant On Export Format (SSRS)

MCITP SQL Server 2008 (BI & DEV); MCTS SQL Server 2008 (BI, DEV & DBA)
    Check out my articles at BI: Beer Intelligence?

Friday, May 17, 2013 6:23 AM
  • There's no need to export first.  When you print a report, the Globals!RenderFormat variable will be set to IMAGE.  So you can use that in the expression.

More info: Hide/Show Items Dependant On Export Format (SSRS)

Hi Valentino,

Thank you for you pointing it out. I have tested it on my localenvironment using the expression below
    =IIF(Globals!RenderFormat.Name="IMAGE",White","LightGrey")
    it works fine.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 17, 2013 7:10 AM
  • Thanks Charlie. Would you mind confirming this a bit more by clicking the "Vote As Helpful" arrow? :)

Friday, May 17, 2013 8:21 AM