none
"No mapping between account names and security IDs was done" error when deploying project

Question

• Hi,
    I'm getting the following error on deploying a cube in analysis services to my local machine:
    "No mapping between account names and security IDs was done" error when deploying project

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem, its had me going for hours?!?

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 10:50 AM

Answers

•  

Most likely you have a role defined in database that contains users or user groups not available in deployment environment. For example you have user group Domain1\UserGroup1 specified in role, but you are trying to deploy this database in environment where Domain1 is not available. To fix this error simply replace users or user groups with values that are correct in deployment domain.
    Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:05 AM
  • Ahh, not sure. 

But my suggestion is to delete all the Security Role and 1st deploy the cube then add the Roles.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 1:18 PM
  • you can add and remove Groups and users to Server Role from management studio.

Management Studio - Analysis Service - Server name - Right click - Peoperty - Security

Thursday, July 03, 2008 4:47 AM

All replies

•  

Most likely you have a role defined in database that contains users or user groups not available in deployment environment. For example you have user group Domain1\UserGroup1 specified in role, but you are trying to deploy this database in environment where Domain1 is not available. To fix this error simply replace users or user groups with values that are correct in deployment domain.
    Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:05 AM
  • Ok, within the ReportUser.role file underneath roles in the Cube project I have the following users & groups:

IUSR_OURNAME
    NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    RSSERVER
    Administrator
    IWAM_JON2K3

How do I find which one of these is the culprit?
    Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:59 PM
  • Ahh, not sure. 

But my suggestion is to delete all the Security Role and 1st deploy the cube then add the Roles.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 1:18 PM
  • Sorry to be a pain, where do I delete all the security roles and then add them? Within the Windows control panel/cube project or somewhere else?
    Wednesday, July 02, 2008 1:24 PM
  • you can add and remove Groups and users to Server Role from management studio.

Management Studio - Analysis Service - Server name - Right click - Peoperty - Security

Thursday, July 03, 2008 4:47 AM
  • Hi thanks for your ongoing support.

As part of my investigation into this issue, I had a 'RSServer' name in the roles dialog box for the cube. I cant remember if I added this myself to try and get it to work or it was there before, but I removed it and the error went away!

I am now at the point where cube will deploy ok - but in reporting services when I deploy the reports a login-box appears asking for username & password.  I've googled around already but there is no definitive answer on the solution....I wish RS and AS were a little easier to set-up!

Maybe I will try and ask in the RS forum area....
    Thursday, July 03, 2008 8:42 AM