none
Jr Server Engineer

General discussion

• Hi

One of our servers is experiencing the following error:

NTEvents: Source: ServiceControlManage Category: None Event ID: 7031 The ReportServer service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Is there any way to determine what exactly has caused this to occur? Some posts suggested looking at a log directory within C: which did not exist on this server.

"Event ID: Error communicating with the spooler system service" occured immediately prior to this event. 

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:06 PM

All replies

• Try looking in the report server logs on teh server to see exactly what error is occuring.
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:34 AM
  • They will be somewhere like

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles

Please note dont copy and paste this path as yours might differ slightly

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:35 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for youre response. The folder path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server" does not exist. I've searched the entire program files directory for "Microsoft SQL Server" but no results. Can the service exist without Microsoft SQL server installed?

Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:14 AM
  • I did say dont use the exact location i posted, it could easily be on another drive?

Monday, March 25, 2013 12:03 AM
  • I would search your c drive, then if you have any other drives, search those, i have no idea where you have installed your report server files to.
    Monday, March 25, 2013 12:12 AM