none
Problem while installing Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP1 - Express Chinese Tradition Edition

Question

• I am trying to install Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP1 - Express Chinese Traditional Edition (SQLEXPR_x86_CHT or SQLEXPR32_x86_CHT) on my Windows XP.

The Error showing is "SQL Server setup media does not support the language of the OS or does not have ENU localized files. Use the matching language-specific SQL Server media or change the OS locale through Control Panel."

Here I changed my OS Locale to these options : Chinese (Hong kong S.A.R.)/ Chinese (Macau S.A.R.)/ Chinese (PRC)/ Chinese (Singapore)/ Chinese (Taiwan), but none of them working and giving same error.

Please help!!!

Thanks,

Sumit Rastogi

Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:49 AM

All replies

• You need change the OS user interface to Chinese not the locale, You can do this by installing the suitable MUI pack on XP so the OS interface became Chinese.

Regards,
    Ahmed Ibrahim
    SQL Server Setup Team
    My Blog
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you.
    This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:56 AM
  • Hi Ahmed,

I am still getting the same problem after performing your suggestions. Please help.

Thanks,

Sumit Rastogi

-- Sumit Rastogi

Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:29 AM
  • Is this 64 bit machine ?

Regards,
    Ahmed Ibrahim
    SQL Server Setup Team
    My Blog
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:05 PM
  • No, its a 32 bit machine...

-- Sumit Rastogi

Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:12 PM
  • Can you share summary and detail log from SQL server setup log, you can upload them to file sharing site like skydrive.com

to find summary and detail log see

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143702(v=sql.100).aspx

Regards,
    Ahmed Ibrahim
    SQL Server Setup Team
    My Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:20 PM
  • It is available on :

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=C12B672455DA807F!173&authkey=!APF7wqUe5eHema0

Thanks

-- Sumit Rastogi

Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:36 PM
  • This is not the recent log

Start time:                    2011-04-05 11:09:17
      End time:                      2011-04-05 11:12:44
    please go to the log folder 

%programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log\<YYYYMMDD_HHMM>\.

and send the upload the recent summary and detail files

Regards,
    Ahmed Ibrahim
    SQL Server Setup Team
    My Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:44 PM