none
Access a network drive remotely through a server

Question

• Hello,

I have  a small problem here.

There is an excel file located on a shared drive. Now i am trying to access this shared drive remotely from a different server. My windows authentication has the right to access that drive. However, when i try to automate this process, i.e create an SSIS package and deploy it as a job and run the job as per schedule, I am unable to access the shared drive. I assume that is because the "job" does not have the required permission to remotely access the drive. What is the solution to this problem?

I tried giving access to PRCCSQL (which is the agent used to run the jobs) on that server, but that failed.

Please help.

Thanks,

CK

Friday, May 27, 2011 5:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Use a domain account based proxy to run the SSIS job under to access that remote share.

Arthur My Blog
    By: TwitterButtons.com
    Friday, May 27, 2011 5:26 PM
  • Thank you Arthur. What exactly is a Domain Account based proxy. I tried creating a proxy using my windows authentication. I guess that is the local account. I can run the package manually ( using execute package) but cannot run it as a job.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 5:37 PM
  • Follow this article to properly configure your SSIS Job:

http://bidn.com/blogs/DonnyJohns/ssas/1705/sql-server-agent-proxy-accounts

Arthur My Blog
    By: TwitterButtons.com
    Friday, May 27, 2011 5:51 PM
  • Hi,

Sql server Services run on one service account(run--> services.msc). Please check whether that user have access to shared drive

If not, provide access to that user and check it.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen

Naveen Kumar
    Monday, May 30, 2011 5:44 AM