none
Sorting Packages in a Project

Question

• Hello,

I am trying to sort the packages (using File Storage) in my SSIS project and have been unable to do so. I've tried the one that Jasper Smith made (http://www.sqldbatips.com/showarticle.asp?ID=78) but I cannot get it to work.

I don't get any error messages in the Output window, just that nothing happens. I do get error messages if I change the arguments to something that should give me an error.

One set of arguments I tried with $(ProjectFileName) Asc and $(ProjectDir). I was assuming it would sort the dtsx files for that project. I may certainly be assuming incorrectly.

Are there any other ways to sort package names?

Thank you for the help.

-Gumbatman

Monday, August 06, 2007 3:51 PM

Answers

• That package sorting utility (which basically edits the *.dtproj files in the solution and sorts the files reerenced therein) has to be invoked at the solution level (which might be hidden by default) rather than the project level. 

One thing to note is the depending on what type of source control you use, make sure the .sln and .dtproj files are checked out first.
    Monday, August 06, 2007 5:02 PM

All replies

• That package sorting utility (which basically edits the *.dtproj files in the solution and sorts the files reerenced therein) has to be invoked at the solution level (which might be hidden by default) rather than the project level. 

One thing to note is the depending on what type of source control you use, make sure the .sln and .dtproj files are checked out first.
    Monday, August 06, 2007 5:02 PM
  • jaegd,

Thank you for the answer. That worked!

Originally, I did do it at the Solution level (I actually read the directions) but I was missing something. It think I hadn't selected the Solution when I ran it.

Monday, August 06, 2007 6:56 PM